PDA

View Full Version : StarBugz, a Space Invader clone Released

wraggster
December 7th, 2005, 15:26
dr_watson has released a great looking Space Invador Clone for the PSP, heres the info from the Release Thread (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4286)

"This is a prototype of StarBugz, a Space Invader clone. The purpose of the project was to get myself familiar with programming PSP games, and hopefully to build up a simple game engine in the process.

After working on the project in my spare time for nearly a month, the hardware accelerated 2D game engine, called JGE (Jas Game Engine), was basically done. JGE uses Gu libraries for image rendering and StarBugz now becomes a small showcase of the engine, demonstrating various features of it. "

Screenshots and download via comments :)

rmedtx
December 7th, 2005, 16:24
I just played this game. Excellent work; very well done.
Guys check it out.

Tazie
December 7th, 2005, 17:42
pretty kewl game thx alot

EventHorizon
December 7th, 2005, 21:35
This could might as well be a retail game! The GFX are VERY nice and so is the feeling of the game. Can't wait for the full version, keep up the good work! The game engine seems superb.

ukkevinl
December 8th, 2005, 14:18
great! and works well on the latest 2.0 eboot loader (v0.8.5)

thanks for the effort

DannyPL
December 8th, 2005, 14:50
I just played the game and I have to say that it's really nice, beautiful gameplay & GFX. I only have one suggestion, if in the game; the space shuttle could go up and down. Only because when I reached to the boss he started to shoot in such directions from which I couldn't escsape. Also after killing the boss my health bar wasn't restored (not like it should be, but it would be nice).
Once again ... great game, great GFX

CoAdY780
April 17th, 2006, 01:00
i JUST got the eboot and this is the 1st game i put on it, so do i make a folder in F:/psp/game called starbugz? or do i just extract it into the game folder?

sry im a noob

CoAdY780
April 17th, 2006, 01:54
nvm, i got it working.
you just made my psp much better.
good job on the game hope you keep up makeing games.

LAMPRO
April 17th, 2006, 05:34
Been rockin this game for a minute now.. keeps me busy on the subway. I like that. A quick game and then Im out. The boss stage is nice!! I agree with those next version options stated above.. would be nice to have a bunch more.. it might take on a galaga mod of sorts.. evolving brew!! keep it up yo!!