PDA

View Full Version : RACE! PSP Version 2.0 Released - NeoGeo Pocket Emulator for PSP

uberjack
September 11th, 2008, 07:04
RACE! PSP, a NeoGeo Pocket Color emulator has been released (http://0xff.akop.org/2008/09/10/race-psp-version-20-released/). It’s based on the PSP port of the RACE! emulator by Flavor, called RACE-PSP. RACE! is significantly faster than NeoPop, and runs most games at or very near 60 fps.

Many thanks to Flavor, for being kind enough to share his source code, and special thanks to wraggster, for his super sleuthing skills ;)

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

Nocuddle
September 11th, 2008, 10:04
Y A Y !!

indstr
September 11th, 2008, 12:44
Awesome! I have been waiting for a fullspeed NGPC emu for a looong time... Back since when I had a gp32 in 2003. It's about time!

I just tested this on Metal slug, Sonic, and Last blade...

All full speed. Very nice!!!! :thumbup:

ojdon
September 11th, 2008, 14:05
How's the sound emulation on this, I know a lot of emulators have problems with sound, is this one not bad?

wraggster
September 11th, 2008, 18:17
thanks for another great emulator for the PSP :)

Dembonz
September 11th, 2008, 19:16
Awesome! Thanks so much for the update.

I wanna confess the early days of PSP homebrew spoiled me with all kinds of fresh console emus...NeS, Gameboy, SNES, Arcade, Turbo Grafx, N64... but now it seems that these releases are few and far between, the DL page is a graveyard of abandoned projects. But I know that these coders have lives and move on. They don't get paid for this stuff. So I guess it's a labor of love and interest, and I'm grateful.

So then, every now and again a new version of an console emu appears and gives me hope. So thanks again for this release!

John Vattic
September 11th, 2008, 21:30
Thanks for the update! I've been using the first version for a while and everything is almost perfect, including sound!

Only thing left to emulate on psp is n64, but I understand how hard that will be. So I don't expect it to be.

Veskgar
September 12th, 2008, 01:07
Oh hell yeah! Another great emulator release for the PSP? Making it even more of a retro gamers dream machine. Nothing excites me and many others more than new quality emulator releases.

May PSP homebrew & emulation live forever!

Thanks for releasing this to the community..

indstr
September 12th, 2008, 01:51
Sound is perfect on this thing :-D

enchanted
September 12th, 2008, 08:35
I think there´s a You Tube video of the game (http://www.hitflip.de/games/) for anyone who doesn´t have it yet.... :-)

darknight88
September 12th, 2008, 16:11
thanx alot man. Hopefully you and that other guy teamed up to fix the GUI.

darknight88
September 13th, 2008, 16:25
Holy cow, I thought flavor did this updates version but it was Uberjack!! Woot sick!

Anyways good job bro., the GUI is slick and awesome, just how it should be for all emus. Thanx for your hard work and cooperation with Flavor.

JOYBEBA6679
September 14th, 2008, 09:10
Hi there, thanks for the update, its perfect, but I noticed that my controls, as in the joystic get a bit messed up while playing like for 5 or more minutes. I havent really found exactly when it does it, but when it happens I cant move with the joystick correctly, no issues with the D-pad tho. Any ideas why this happens?? Thanks in advance!

uberjack
September 15th, 2008, 21:21
No idea. What happens exactly - do the controls stop registering movement, or do they "stick"?
Is this using the default or reconfigured controls?

JOYBEBA6679
September 16th, 2008, 00:25
No idea. What happens exactly - do the controls stop registering movement, or do they "stick"?
Is this using the default or reconfigured controls?

Well, sometimes if I choose a game and then change to another game the controls in the joystick start to stop registering, mostly diagonals, maybe they get some kind of control lag or something.

Or maybe it could be my joystick, tho I dont have problems in other emus. But seeing that only I posted it , maybe its my old Phat joystick thats dying. Anyways, thanks for this awsome emu, I was hoping for something like it long ago. Maybe an exit to XMB fuction could be good, excellent job!