PDA

View Full Version : Broken LCD!!! what should I do?

Zaibach333
December 8th, 2005, 05:44
today my beloved psp decided that the chapstick in my pocket was worthy enough to push the "protective" screen to the point of cracking the LCD benieth.

I ran to the places I bought it trying to get any kind of replacement plan, but no success... other than the replacement of a 256mb Duo stick that had gotten flashed out since I bought it on release day. :eek:

What I'm wondering is, what I should do now. There's a new door open to me since I am no longer afraid of voiding my psp. modding to video out to a tv isnt out of the question, I really wish I could remember who were selling LCDs...

it does nothing but play music right now. *lots, now that there's no homebrew on my memory sticks*

any suggestions ?

PSP_Newbie
December 8th, 2005, 07:02
well, if you can manage to make it out to not being your fault, there might be a chance to send it to Sony for repairs under your warranty(no telling what version you'll get though)
A similar thing happened to me a long time back, and a thread about it is here if you want to read it
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=8646
or long story short, i broke my lcd screen by dropping it, and managed to send it to sony, getting a new one back for free(except S&H and it was a 1.51)

pnoy
December 9th, 2005, 01:33
Well, some people from PSPCrazy or just an advertisement on there are repairing/replacing LCDs, but only the LCDs. It's (hopefully) perfect for you! But the time I saw it was on their old layout, not sure if they still have the advertisement. Good luck!

sdonn
December 16th, 2005, 16:56
You could get the screen replaced by us. Please check out the following post:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=14334&highlight=screen+replacement

Simon

Zaibach333
December 17th, 2005, 05:41
oh, thanks guys.
sorry sdonn I already bought one.

I concluded by ordering an lcd for 45 dollars (US) and a psp2tv kit for 119 dollars (US).

I'll let you know how the manual installation works out