PDA

View Full Version : New Xbox 360 games copied to HDD won't load much faster

wraggster
September 11th, 2008, 23:01
Xbox Product Manager Germany Boris Schneider-Johne states in a utmost interesting interview with Golem.de that this [quicker load times when playing games from HDD] won't be the case for the majority of 360 games.

"We now allow the customer to install games on their hard drive. This is optional, you don't have to do it. But if I do it, these games will load faster because a DVD-drive with seek operation does have load times every now and then. There are prominent examples, for instance: Project Gotham Racing 3, one of the first games for the Xbox 360. There the load times have been very long; those are going to get reduced immensely. Recent games are already optimized; there the gain is relatively small."

http://www.gamersglobal.com/news/1279

mcdougall57
September 11th, 2008, 23:37
Unreal tournament loads in about five seconds thats already fast enough for me.

mooseknuckle2000
September 13th, 2008, 02:41
the only advantage of this is that your box won't sound like a plane taking off when you play a game....you'll just have to weigh intall time vs. quietness to decide if it's worth it.

WhizzBang
September 13th, 2008, 08:48
the only advantage of this is that your box won't sound like a plane taking off when you play a game....you'll just have to weigh intall time vs. quietness to decide if it's worth it.

Very true.

I got so fed up with the noise from my Xbox 360 I packed it up and put it away in the loft. I just couldn't face turning it on and playing a game with the racket it made.

The hard drive installing of games is the most interesting thing about the November update as far as I am concerned and I shall be getting the 360 down from the loft when it happens, it could be the machines saving grace in my house.

Until then, I have gone back to using my PS2. It is easy to get Ps2 bargains these days and you can pick up PS1 games for pocket money.