PDA

View Full Version : Wiiengine 1.4 - PC Engine Emulator for Nintendo Wii

wraggster
September 12th, 2008, 01:00
Hermes (http://www.elotrolado.net/hilo_emulador-wiiengine-1-0_1087551) has released a new version of his PC Engine emulator for the Nintendo Wii

-- Added support ADPCM and emulated some features of the CD BIOS

-- Improved Savestate

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments

DimensionT
September 12th, 2008, 06:49
None of the people that downloaded it are going to say anything about the upload being corrupt?

Baboon
September 12th, 2008, 08:10
None of the people that downloaded it are going to say anything about the upload being corrupt?

Yeah it freezes up on me too when i try to extract it. :confused:

I guess Ill wait for a reupload or get it from the authors site.

Baboon
September 12th, 2008, 08:18
Heres a working version taken straight from the authors site. :)

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 12th, 2008, 12:02
WOW fast update for this emu

geise69
September 12th, 2008, 12:52
Nice. Thanks for the added ADPCM support. This will fix a lot of games with missing sound effects. I will definitely be trying this out and will report any bugs I find. Also thanks for the GP2X version from way back when. I used to use it a hell of a lot before Temper was released. It was really a nice emulator. Thanks again for all the work you're putting into this. It is much appreciated. Time to play some Coryoon!

goshogun1
September 12th, 2008, 18:02
This emulator is the most pleasant surprise I have had in a while. I tried about 15 games. A lot of games had messed up play sequences or had "load error". But, I think it might be how I created a .toc file, so more trial and error might be needed on my part. I am wondering if adding "pregaps" and "post-gaps" to the .toc might fix this problem.
But overall, it was truly amazing playing Dracula X and Ys I&2 on my Wii last night! Now with ADPCM support I am guessing I will be able to hear all the screams and HQ sound effects.
Oh yeah, Legendary Axe 2 and Cadash work properly now. No sound yet on Dungeon Explorer 1 yet though and no SGX.

kevenz
September 12th, 2008, 21:11
humm what's the difference between 1.3 and 1.4? the update is the same.

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 13th, 2008, 08:37
humm what's the difference between 1.3 and 1.4? the update is the same.

More fixes with ADPCM

kevenz
September 18th, 2008, 01:35
Star Parodier was working with version 1.0 but not with 1.4.

what's wrong?

Sir_Voe
September 20th, 2008, 08:20
Nooo! This project is cancelled :(. Worst news of the day. Hopefully he changes his mind, as this is one of my favorites, and showed so much potential.

Edit: This turned out to be untrue, and was just the dev's cruel idea of a joke:D.

Baboon
September 20th, 2008, 08:58
Nooo! This project is cancelled :(. Worst news of the day. Hopefully he changes his mind, as this is one of my favorites, and showed so much potential.

Yeah gutted I just read that too. :(

He posted in his release thread on elotrolado "Okay, fine, I'm up, I see that I am a useless to put the buttons on the setback, a pigheaded and to keep me going to be giving the peņazo every two of three auqnue not come to story: from now what desarrollais and you put the buttons as you want to ;) . Yo abandono el proyecto. I abandoned the project."...all somoehting to do with people arguing with him on the emulator button layout and him getting fed up with people requesting changes (sorry for the poor google tranlation).

Its already a great emu though... hopefuly eke-eke will continue hugo and later include cd support though?

kevenz
September 20th, 2008, 17:59
Man that sucks! :(

I really liked this emu so far, with a couple of fix, like the arcade card and cc support, it would have been perfect.

Sir_Voe
September 21st, 2008, 00:55
Good news, it was a joke. Guess Hermes was just pulling everyones leg, and the project isn't cancelled.

kevenz
September 21st, 2008, 04:39
Thanks god..... I mean..... eke-eke's version is great but with no cd support, I'm not that interested.