PDA

View Full Version : Virgin Megastores forecasts a bumper Christmas for Gizmondo

wraggster
December 8th, 2005, 18:41
from GI.Biz

Virgin Megastores has predicted that handhelds will outsell current generation consoles this Christmas - and that includes Tiger Telematics' beleagured Gizmondo.

The retailer says that the Xbox 360 is likely to be the best-selling console this festive season, followed by the Nintendo DS, Sony PSP and Game Boy Micro - with the Gizmondo in fifth place.

Neither the current generation Xbox or PlayStation 2 were mentioned in Virgin's forecast, however. Which may seem odd, since Sony recently announced that it has now shipped 100 million PS2s worldwide, shifting nearly 50,000 units just last week.

The Gizmondo, on the other hand, has not fared so well - only 5000 units were sold in the three months following launch.

But perhaps sales have picked up since. A Virgin spokesperson told our sister site, Eurogamer, that the predictions were made "based on sales at the time" - which would suggest Gizmondo has been outselling Xbox and PS2 in Virgin Megastores branches recently.

Hawq
December 8th, 2005, 19:28
The Gizmondo is actually in some stores? I thought it had done a more severe Game.Com than the actual Game.Com did & vanished into a black hole before appearing. It cant help that theres no advertising & when you walk into most shops theres no sign of them though, the only place I've ever seen them is in forbidden planet & they may have been imported ones.

Darksaviour69
December 8th, 2005, 19:50
i seen 2 in hmv in belfast

slayer2psp
December 9th, 2005, 15:13
only ones i have ever seen was at e3 they dont sell them in stores in the usa just some lame ass mall carts around the country. i live in huntington beach ca and the closet place to me who sells them is over 30 miles away or like 45 km for the rest of the world.