PDA

View Full Version : Crystalise on Lua Player

Apoklepz
December 8th, 2005, 21:32
I play all my Lua games in the player now, because I can have em all in one place and get rid of those Eboot.pbp files for more space. I'm having some trouble trying to make this game (my favorite Lua) play on the latest Lua player version 0.15. I can't get it past the Loading screen when all the sudden a black error screen pops up stating the following:

"error: src/music.lua:35: attempt to call field 'title' (a nil value)
Error: No script file found.
Press start to restart"

Also, the games music will start playing anyways... I have all my games inside the luaplayer folder under games & they always play. I even tried moving the game to the Applications folder but got the same error.What am I doing wrong?

KunoNoOni
December 9th, 2005, 03:33
hmm... it seems that line 35 in music.lua contains the variable 'title', which doesn't exist anywhere else. I haven't looked at the code, so I can't tell you how to fix it. lemme check it out and I'll get back to you.

EDIT:

Ok after checking the music.lua file I see whats going on. First I need to know if this works without the error in Lua Player 0.14? Second I need to know if you've heard all the songs.

I believe you are loading a music file that doesn't have the title information in it and when line 35 is ran, it throws you can error. all the line is doing is passing the title of the song to the program. thats why your still able to play the music.

Apoklepz
December 9th, 2005, 18:47
Hey Kuno! Thanks for the awesome help! I'm going to try it out on Lua player 0.14 right about now...I just want to add that I read the readme to crystalise a little moment ago and the author sez that he coded some of the core functions stuff in C. Is this what's not letting me play the game on the latest Lua player. Sorry for the noob question, It's just that I'm a very curious dude when it comes to all this.I'm currently reading up on Lua so I can get my own games started.

Apoklepz
December 22nd, 2005, 22:23
UPDATE: I just tried running it on ver0.14 & 0.13 and I get the same error screen...Oh well, back to those space consuming Eboots. :p