PDA

View Full Version : New DS owner

PrOtEsT
December 27th, 2004, 12:10
Hey I just got a DS for Christmas ;D and I have a few questions about it

The DS I got is a Japanese one which is ok caus I managed to change the language to English but obviously the instruction book is all in Japanese. When I go on the download bit it says "looking for software to download" and it doesnt do anything after that. I'm guessing I have to be connected to the internet to do this but I don't know how :-/. I've read a lot of stuff about WiFi, what is this? And is this what I need to make the download thing work? Please help me caus I'm totally new at this.

Also, does anyone know if its posible to make a N64 emulator for the DS? That'd be so cool, but I'm not sure if it's possible.

Thanks!

Eric
December 27th, 2004, 12:15
It might be possible for the N64 emu but these are things that will come later on as coders have to learn about the hardware and other such things to code games or emulate on the DS and as for the wifi i think its some type of card but not sure

PrOtEsT
December 27th, 2004, 12:46
Hey thanks

Is a WiFi just a wireless network? Caus I have one in my house. If so can I use it to connect my DS to the site it needs to connect to (nintendo) to download stuff? How? I'm very confused, wish I could read Japanese :'(.

Eric
December 27th, 2004, 16:29
i think it is a wireless network type of deal but its to connect to the web so you can play against other people right now there is no games available to play against other people but you can you a tunnel program which i forget the name of it but somebody will mention it in a reply

PrOtEsT
December 27th, 2004, 17:02
Sounds cool, online play would be awesome. So how can I connect my DS to my wireless network? Is that possible yet because with the Gamecube you had to buy an extra adapter? Confusion ???.

Here is a question for someone, a weird one too :P. What is the best way to clean the touch screen? I'm woried about screwing it up lol

Eric
December 27th, 2004, 17:47
get a not wet cloth and wipe the screen make sure its a smooth cloth to so it doesnt scratch the screen

Alexvrb
December 27th, 2004, 21:01
Also, does anyone know if its posible to make a N64 emulator for the DS? That'd be so cool, but I'm not sure if it's possible.
It doesn't have enough power to do this. I don't know if it has enough memory either, but that is irrelevant if it doesn't have the processing power required, and it doesn't.

forgetmenot
January 3rd, 2005, 10:25
the downloud bit is olny used for the wirless link cable thing. its never gonna just downloud mini games or what ever you think it does. its used like this when someone els has a ds and is playing the multi part on the game they have, then you go to the ds downloud play and you can play with them of course in the proper range