PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo Speaks on Revolution Power Uproar

wraggster
December 9th, 2005, 20:35
As you’ll be aware, statements made by developers claiming that the Revolution is underpowered caused outcry in gaming circles recently, lumbering the emerging machine with the unwelcome moniker GameCube 2.

When contacted on the issue, Nintendo Europe was coy, unwilling to comment and wrote off the reports as ‘nothing more than speculation.’ Nintendo America seems to have been forced to comment however, issuing the following statement.

"Our competitors would have you believe that the next generation of gaming will be solely defined by high definition graphics,” it said. "High definition graphics look fantastic, but come at a price. Revolution will look brilliant whether played on a standard television or on a high definition television. However, is that all there is to next-generation gaming? We feel that sharper graphics should be combined with a new way to interface with the game itself. Our controller is a sharp departure from the current standard, to be sure, but it will provide a level of interactivity you can't get currently."

These sentiments were echoed by all in attendance at yesterday’s public showing of Revolution games.

Raveneye
December 12th, 2005, 16:35
yall should know that the Rev dosn't need the super specs that the 360 and ps3 have because they're not using HD, so they really don't need the extra horsepower to put out just as good games

plungmonies
December 13th, 2005, 05:46
most games on the xbox 360 when played on a standard definition tv are only marginally better looking then the current generation xbox.
I dont know about anyone else but I for one will not be replacing my 80cm crt television with some $2000 dollar plasma screen with 50 000 half-life hours.
kudos nintendo, kudos.

Hevyduty
December 13th, 2005, 06:13
Yeah, as of today and next year and probably well into 2007, I'm much more concerned with built-in WiFi than HD support. My $130 Nintendo DS has it, but my $400 XB360 (yes, I own one) doesn't. Sorry Microsoft, but ethernet is not next-gen.

I like the 360, but so far it's mostly the same games with better graphics. I'm fine with that. But when it comes to gameplay, I expect the Rev to shake things up a bit. And I think it'll be good for the industry.