PDA

View Full Version : go away evil green tint!

xmonstarx
December 28th, 2004, 16:25
i got my DS for christmas aswell... but it has developed a really irritating green tint at the bottom of the touch screen. I thought maybe it was magnetic interference from a loud speaker or somthing, i dont know what to do... my best idea was to take the battery out for a while but that didnt work.... any suggestions or shall i just phone nintendo? :-/

obelisk
December 28th, 2004, 17:51
i never heard about this 1 yet... I would definately call the big "N", on this one. any product that is malfunctioning or performing not within the expectaions for the customer. It's your responsibility to yourself and the company to call them. I heard they've been fixing some pixel stuff, but i would call them on this, yes, they need to know so that (a) Yours can be fixed. (b) this may be a bad batch, and they may need to tell other DS owners. (c) they may be letting something through that could make future ones do x/y things (d) when the wife gets her enuff money she's gettin one, and it's quite hard dealing with her when she's sad or upset (+ other). (e) i want 1 for my bday in april, or sooner, maybe too.
ttfn

Cap'n 1time
December 28th, 2004, 22:39
Jeese. Its a new system so i guess it'll have its problems but nintendo has always made pretty high quallity stuff. its hard to imagine that a new system would have so many problems. Reminds me of the ps2's first release. :(

So far i havnt had a single problem with my nintendo ds. The post above me is right, you should call nintendo and let them know.

xmonstarx
December 29th, 2004, 03:39
i just contacted nintendo to which they replied...
"As you know, this product does not currently have a European release
date. As such, there is no warranty within the European community.
If your Nintendo product has a fault, you will need to return to it's
place of original purchase."

Fair doos... i knew i should of waited for the UK release

wraggster
December 29th, 2004, 04:28
where did you buy it from?

contact them instead

forgetmenot
January 3rd, 2005, 10:19
iti have had a game boy do that befor and i think it was because i used to much volage recharging it