PDA

View Full Version : PSPsetX v0.2 for PSP Firmware 2.0 Owners

wraggster
December 9th, 2005, 21:24
Placasoft (http://www.teamemergencyexit.com/) has updated PSPsetX for v2.0 PSP. Here is the info of this release:

<blockquote>PSPsetX 0.2 out now?
With the safest downgrade function ever!!!

Just select downgrade, go to the PSP menu afterwards and start the 1.5 update!
The pmf for the gameboot video should not be bigger than 1,2MB. If your PSP crashes it's not my fault. If you got any problems just send me an email to pspsetX[at]placasoft[dot]de.

-- Change Gameboot
- Change Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from ms0:/Gameboot.pmf?into the flash
- Backup Gameboot = copies the Gameboot.pmf from the flash into ms0:/Gameboot.pmf
- Restore original Gameboot = Restores the old gameboot.pmf

-- Firmware Tweaks
- Set Version 1.00 - 2.5 = Sets your PSP Version to 2.5. You can now also play games which require 2.5

-- Change X-O-Buttons
>>>>>> Before using this please restore factory settings <<<<<<
- Set X as enter (US / EU) = now X = enter at the psp menu
- Set = as Enter (jp) = now O = enter at the psp menu

-- Stuck Pixel Cleaner
- Start cleaning = takes about 20 minutes

BIIIIGGGGG THX TO fanjita ... he is a really nice guy!!!!</blockquote>

Download via comments

Bowser
December 9th, 2005, 22:48
Forgive my naivety. I am currently using 1.5 on my PSP. I’ve wanted to update to 2.0 for it’s features but I don’t want to loose my emulation stuff. It seems that this will do it? Are there any hurdles to this? Also how do I go about it?

crooked cross
December 9th, 2005, 22:59
I think the only reason you would want to upgrade is so you can play the newer umd games (gta). The new features in 2.0 are not worth the hassle and you will lose some hombrews. One of the most annoying things about 2.0 homebrew is this. Say you are playing Nester and you have all your settings the way you want, the next time you load it up all your settings are default again. :mad: The loader is not as nice as having a 1.5 with all your homebrews all nice and neat. There is a few more things about it that are annoying as hell too.

Insane1
December 9th, 2005, 22:59
Forgive my naivety. I am currently using 1.5 on my PSP. I’ve wanted to update to 2.0 for it’s features but I don’t want to loose my emulation stuff. It seems that this will do it? Are there any hurdles to this? Also how do I go about it?
This doesn't launch emulators or the like...but it does use something that does launch those. Fanjita's Eboot loader for 2.0's been out for awhile and to my knowledge can load 80% of all homebrew (the percent not working mostly being wifi, USB, and other Kernel mode probrams, although apparently WiFi supports on it's way)

Say you are playing Nester and you have all your settings the way you want, the next time you load it up all your settings are default again

Fanjita's working on that. Apparently the emulators wouldn't save settings unless they got a signal from the home button. Apparently the next version of the loader will mimic the signal when you exit using the soft reboot option with the loader (Currently L+R+SELECT, I think. Although in the next version he apparently found a way to assign the soft reboot to the home button), allowing the settings to be saved.

...wow. I said "Apparently" alot just then.

Bowser
December 10th, 2005, 02:02
Well i need a good browser and the 2.0 one seems like the best?
Also if I could play some of the UMD games that would be a plus. Of course Homebrew is more important!

Virus
December 10th, 2005, 02:04
just freaking make a firmware..... get code of browser games and hombrew... perfect!

Insane1
December 10th, 2005, 02:46
just freaking make a firmware..... get code of browser games and hombrew... perfect!
If anyone does make a firmware, they should make one that has an option to load and run a firmware from the memory stick perfectly. Bingo. Instant homebrew forever WITH the latest stuff! Although that's probably 100x harder to do than it sounds...so...yeah... :(

DeleterX
December 10th, 2005, 04:15
i just have hope about that, if the Fanjita's Eboot loader can load homebrew like the FastLoader, DevHook, UMD emulator, and console emulators (like Snes)we have all we want to be happy :) ....hope...

YourStillWithMe
December 10th, 2005, 06:20
Agreed with the last comment. The only thing that I want to see on the 2.00 Eboot Loader is just for a way to get back to the psp menu without having to boot it up again, that is all. Menu settings the same would be nice too but its not ESSENTIAL. I'm still going to keep one of my psp's 1,5 forever though :) Nothing will ever be as great as 1.0 and 1.5 in terms of homebrew, ever. Today I was impressed with this release. . . i got it like 7 hours ago on ********** or some other site. Lately i've been dissapointed with the psp scene and this has pulled me back in a bit.

perezmaximus
December 10th, 2005, 10:31
How do I actually install this file to get it to work? I have fanjitas' eboot loader and it works great, but does not work 100% with all emulators.Is this better or should I stay with Fanjita's eboot?

pspfr33k
December 10th, 2005, 11:21
So if you have 2.0

- You can play GTA (only if you have it as UMD)
- If you're done playing it (after a long long time :))
- You can now run the Fanjita's Eboot loader
- Now run PSPsetX v0.2 and you can downgrade (to 1.5)

Am I right? Or do you have to download the 1.5 eboot, and extract it in PSP/Game/Update?! I'm lost at the moment :confused:

Hoping to a newer version which will let us run firmware from the memory stick....

plosfas
December 10th, 2005, 16:08
Say you are playing Nester and you have all your settings the way you want, the next time you load it up all your settings are default again.
really? i have a 2.0 psp with the loader and my settings in the emulators, like cpu speed and such have all stayed the same.

vaza
December 10th, 2005, 16:08
So if you have 2.0

- You can play GTA (only if you have it as UMD)
- If you're done playing it (after a long long time :))
- You can now run the Fanjita's Eboot loader
- Now run PSPsetX v0.2 and you can downgrade (to 1.5)

Am I right? Or do you have to download the 1.5 eboot, and extract it in PSP/Game/Update?! I'm lost at the moment :confused:

Hoping to a newer version which will let us run firmware from the memory stick....
that is right,

Let me clarify that PSP Setx does not allow you to play homebrew on your psp 2.0.
the program to do this is Fanjita's eboot loader (new version should be coming out in about a week or so).

It can play about 75% of all eboots
about 95% of all lua.
increasing amounts are working with every release.

PSP set X uses fanjita's eboot loader to run

vaza
December 10th, 2005, 16:11
really? i have a 2.0 psp with the loader and my settings in the emulators, like cpu speed and such have all stayed the same.
same with me, it saves a .cfg file which has all the settings.

works with:
RIN (GBC)
A snes emulator
and some others

DeleterX
December 10th, 2005, 16:30
Well, Having a 2.0 firmware with all kind of Homebrew and loaders is just a dream, but not too far cuz the firmware 2.0 have some nice features (like AVC video and Highter Res Wallpapers) and there is a Fajita's Loader and now the PSP Set 0.2 its close the day when we will enjoy alll this.

Sry For My Bad English :eek:

Makaveli777
December 10th, 2005, 22:14
So this will allow you to play games that require the 2.5 firmware am i right? at least that what it say.

doveer
December 10th, 2005, 22:22
Can someone explain to me the process of using this to downgrade to 1.5?

Freakshow!
December 11th, 2005, 00:00
I currently have Firmeware version 2 and use Fajita's Loader. I haven't been able to get some things I want to load e.g. Snes loader, you guys have got it working, but i havnt :(. Anyway, is this version of downgading safe or not? I understand there is risk, but is this v. risky, or is it a safe bet of working, or should I stick to MPH's version? Also does anyone know where I can get a 1.5 EU firmware? I can only find japanese ones.
Thanx for any help.

Insane1
December 11th, 2005, 03:53
Also does anyone know where I can get a 1.5 EU firmware? I can only find japanese ones.
Thanx for any help.
A US/European 1.5 update to use in a downgrade doesn't exist. 1.5 was already out by the time the PSP reached the US.

cmfCrazyEyes
December 11th, 2005, 04:51
I am using firmware 2.0 just so I can play GTA, If I Downgrade to 1.5 and then use pspset to change it to 2.0 can I paly all the 1.5 homebrew and gta?

sry i'm a noob I just got my psp a month ago

Insane1
December 11th, 2005, 04:57
I am using firmware 2.0 just so I can play GTA, If I Downgrade to 1.5 and then use pspset to change it to 2.0 can I paly all the 1.5 homebrew and gta?

sry i'm a noob I just got my psp a month ago
No. GTA uses an encryption that 1.5x can't read.
And to my knowledge, Sony changed the encryption AGAIN when they released 2.60

VFerg
December 11th, 2005, 17:32
I don't know why anyone would be concerned with downgrading anymore when you get alot more flexability with 2.0 and still have homebrew. I thaught that was the main reason for downgrading in the firstplace to keep the homebrew and nothing more. Its cool that it was created but a little late in the scene to really be any use at least for me, I would never risk the downgrade myself even though theres hardly a risk, theres just no point.

pspfr33k
December 12th, 2005, 15:52
With 1.5 you can run ISO's, with 2.0 not ;)

kaos
December 31st, 2005, 08:54
Placasoft (http://www.teamemergencyexit.com/)
-- Firmware Tweaks
- Set Version 1.00 - 2.5 = Sets your PSP Version to 2.5. You can now also play games which require 2.5

</blockquote>

Dose the work with Smackdown 2006?

Nono-O
January 2nd, 2006, 00:54
very good work

Maxdamantus
March 3rd, 2006, 21:42
May I ask where to get this for Firmware 1.50? Just downgraded using this from 2.0, tried using KXploit on it, but says "Wrong PSP Version." I'm sure there is one somewhere on the net.. Wanna play the 1.52 + Games. Oh, and this works fine on Firmware 2.0.

vettacossx
March 9th, 2006, 21:46
Here A Thought If U Use Setx And Set Your 2.o Psp For 1.0 To Trick It...you Will Notice When U Insert The Umd With Firmware Update(anything Higher Than 1.0..gta Is 2.0 And Streetfighter Alpha Is 2.5) The Game Will Propt You To Upgrade Right So If Someone Made A Setx Like Program For 2.5 Or 2.6 You Thenuse Ta Exploit Load Your Eboot Loader Set Firmware Tweaks To 1.0 (triking Your Psp 2.6 To Think Its 1.0 Ok..) Then Put In Gta And Update Too 2.0 And Poof You Went From 2.6 To 2.0 From There You Could Use The Downgrader Tiff Exploit After Your Back To 2.0 Downgrade To 1.5

So From 2.6 Right Down To 1.5 All We Need Is For Setx To Work On Gta And Ill Try This Method

Vyxerion
March 20th, 2006, 20:55
Alright I have a 2.60 PSP (and I regret buying one if it weren't for the snazzy white color and Sharp LCD)

My friend and I are trying to figure out how safe it'd be to run PSPsetX on it to downgrade the 2.60. Now I'm not willing to forfeit $250 to see whether this 50/50 chance works. So I've come to this forum in desperate hopes of an answer.

Here's what we plan to do:
1) Run the GTA exploit to run Homebrew for 2.6 (I already own the GTA UMD)
2) Run PSPsetX 0.2 (or would 0.3 be better?) to change the version name to 1.0
3) Run the PSP updater to 1.5

Will this work? I've lately read was this quote: The PSPSet App will never work (chances are it WILL brick your PSP). The MPH downgrader uses a special file called index.dat which contains the firmware version info. Sony has changed how they store the formware version info in later versions so it's not that 'simple'

Thanks SO much for your viewing and possible replies - they are GREATLY appreciated!!!!!!

BTW: You can use a 2.6 emulator on a 1.5 to run GTA ;)

Hawkeyefile
April 5th, 2006, 04:35
am i the only one who does no know what a gameboot.pmf file is?

b8a
April 5th, 2006, 05:41
am i the only one who does no know what a gameboot.pmf file is?
This is pretty common knowledge, so just keep this incident in mind the next time you're tempted to be condescending to other people's "noob-ish" questions (!_!)

The gameboot.pmf is the movie file that plays whenever you start a game eboot. PMF stands for PSP Movie Format, and is a proprietary format created by Sony. There are programs that give you the option to change this file, but the PSP actually requires this file to be in a pretty specific format and conforming to equally specific paramaters, so if you try to change it and make any mistakes, you will almost certainly end up with a PSP that won't run games and will be as good as bricked. Although your PSP will <i>technically</i> run without a gameboot.pmf or even with a bad one, since the PSP plays that video everytime it trys to launch an EBOOT, it won't be able to load any programs if it's missing or bad. That means that if you make any mistakes, there isn't any homebrew that can help you reverse it, because no eboots, including homebrew, will load.

That having been said, I don't know of any publicly available software for making pmf's and I've also never heard of anybody being able to successfully change their gameboot. Not to say that no one's ever done it, just that I've never heard of it.