PDA

View Full Version : Pictochat tunneled by Xlink Kai !

wraggster
December 3rd, 2004, 00:04
News from the Xlink Kai Forums (http://www.teamxlink.co.uk/forum/viewtopic.php?t=4485&) [br][br] Over the last few days TheDaddy was successfull at tunneling pictochat. [br]Some of you might have heard about it before. Alot of work still needs to be done to get Metroid/marioDS working, and raise compatibility, but its looking promissing. [br][br]HOWEVER, so far we only have it working on a very specific type of setup. Thats why it is etremely important that no one buys *any* hardware yet; no routers, no PCI cards, nothing. [br][br]I'm stressing this once again because we want to avoid having people waisting their money on hardware witch wont work for ds tunneling in the end.

Zaneblade
December 3rd, 2004, 06:52
ok im an idiot noob so what does this mean?? play them over the inet??

forgetmenot
December 8th, 2004, 10:03
thats what id like to know

Zaneblade
December 8th, 2004, 11:26
i think it means he has managed 2 receave mesages from the DS 2 a p.c!!

this will final if done well be finished and make it able 2 use pic chat over the inet and stuff!

forgetmenot
December 10th, 2004, 10:09
sounds good ;D

StaticWarped
December 18th, 2004, 13:24
are you guys serious!? you dont know what tunneling means?you guys are noobs!what tunneling is. you need a router and 2 ethernet wires and then 1 wire going to your pc and 1 wire going to your xbox/gamecube(for the DS you will need a wireless router with the antenna and the ethernet capabilities.) and then open a program like warp pipe/neXBC( http://XBconnect.com ),kai or the new 1 that isnt out yet for the DS.but for the xbox tunnel you have your xbox connected to the router and the pc connected to the router so they are using the same network. and then go to the hacked program and either host a game or join simply using the system link multiplayer mode. so its pretty much playing online through the system link option.With a gamecube you do the same thing! on ps2 you dont really need a tunnel its FREE online already(unlike Xboxlive and GameCube Online).But for The DS theyre are making a program so you can use your wireless router like a wifi and play wireless through out the world! if you have any more questions email me [email protected] .thanks

wraggster
December 18th, 2004, 13:49
thanks for the discription

Zaneblade
December 18th, 2004, 16:28
you dont know what tunneling means?you guys are noobs!
well it does look like were noobs then!!
cant wait to be able to play online guna be so cool!

Eric
December 19th, 2004, 02:59
You can actual tunnel the xbox using one link cable from the xbox to the pc instead of getting a router i dont know if it will make a difference on speed but i tried lol using it on halo 2 it worked but i suggest for people to not even try doing this on dial up atleast a 16 player tournament

Mental2k
December 19th, 2004, 11:41
eh, eric, as incoherent as ever! well I was jus wonderin was there ever a way to tunnel older GBs, i was jus thinkin how much fun pokem... er waverace would be over the internet.

Oh and zaneblade, cut down the old sig there mate a bit ott eh?

Shapyi
December 19th, 2004, 12:14
StaticWarped, lol every was a n00b once.

This is great news. I can't wait to see what they do with this.

StaticWarped
December 19th, 2004, 21:56
lol thats true.

Zaneblade
December 20th, 2004, 07:58
o and your the noob cos ur DS thingy looks silly!

[# l__l #]
[+ l__l ::]
_____
[=|__|=]
---------
[+|__|+]

na just playin! thanks for the help with what tunnelin means!

krowstrife
December 20th, 2004, 08:50
i may be an idiot but could you use this for the gba with the games that are compatible with the wireless adapter (like pokemon fire and leaf) i don't thing they are wifi so they probaly won't work
Just wondering

Mental2k
December 20th, 2004, 15:03
hey in theory could this be used to load freeware roms onto the DS?

And seriously zaneblade, one of those pictures in your sig only!

Cap'n 1time
December 21st, 2004, 11:57
Stop with the n00b crap please! Rawr!

Mental2k
December 22nd, 2004, 14:04
eh?

forgetmenot
January 3rd, 2005, 10:09
I AM NOT A NEWB BECAUSE you love my picture

<-----------------------------------------------------------/