PDA

View Full Version : You Got Hurt While Gaming?

wraggster
September 13th, 2008, 11:13
Time for, that's right, TELL US DAMMIT. here's how it works: We ask a question, you answer it. Simple and no strings attached! This isn't some marketing survey or whatever. It's an emotional investment in you. Yes, we're interested in knowing you, Kotaku reader person. You probably know ****tons about us — more than you even want to, we're sure. But, hey, we'd like to know about you. That way you won't be some faceless blob — and we might feel a tinge of guilt when we ban your ass. Or not, because really we're incapable of human emotion. Not sure!

Something playing games is physical — especially if you playing a marathon session.

Question: Ever got a gaming-related injury? If so, what? How?

http://kotaku.com/5049347/you-got-hurt-while-gaming

M1FF1N
September 13th, 2008, 11:31
I once slipped when playing my DS and poked myself in the eye with the stylus........i couldn't open it for a day, haha it would've been awesome if i got to wear an eyepatch ^_^

Xiofire
September 13th, 2008, 12:50
My thumb locked up once for playing too long. That was quite scary. And i scuffed my thumb cus I pushed too hard on the thumbstick, and the friction just....well hurt. haha

-Xiofire

newb_fo_life
September 13th, 2008, 13:54
Yup,while playing the wii,Was a noob,Was doing the loppy ball techinique in bowling (wiisports) and slipped and fell on my back xD

gutbub
September 13th, 2008, 14:59
I'm not sure if it counts, but when I used to play Street Fighter 2 on the SNES, my thumb would blister up from going crazy on the D-Pad.

onetwentyeight
September 13th, 2008, 15:05
my first entry into the land of WASD gaming was the original half-life, and it really made my hands hurt. i've been using an n52 keypad and a logitech thumb trackball mouse for years now and have never experienced any of the pain associated with subconsciously squeezing gaming peripherals.

on the other hand, my wife would always injure herself while playing wii tennis due to her actual tennis abilities that led her into performing full motion actions minus the resistance that a real racket and ball would offer while i stood beside her and gave minimal waggle.

Eviltaco64
September 13th, 2008, 15:11
Hmm, on Street Fighter Alpha 3 on the PS1 my thumbs used to get blistered.
I used to get really angry when I would play video games too (as in, around 4-7 years old) and throw the controller and shit.
I think I once got hit in the head by a controller I threw (dont remember how it happened O_O).

acn010
September 13th, 2008, 15:47
locked up thumbs and blisters and there's one time I destroyed my playstation and fell cause of the controller cable I tripped on, wasn't fun at all

alentris
September 13th, 2008, 16:10
One of my friends has a special first person shooter controller for the xbox original, and instead of padded analog sticks, they have these spike kind of things on them, and I cut my finger really bad on them playing Halo 2...

mike_jmg
September 13th, 2008, 19:19
Playing street fighter alpha on the nes my tumbs blistered and more recently playing Knights of the Zodiac Hades on the ps2.

Also my psp used to make my hands hurt cause it has zero ergonomics, now my hands got used to it and don't hurt anymore :p

kjetil1991
September 13th, 2008, 19:41
sometimes when im playing too long on my ds my hands hurts ;(

osgeld
September 13th, 2008, 20:03
this was a long time ago, but

i had gotten a old vr helmet from a shop i was working for, and to try it out i hooked it up to a 486, loaded up descent and was having a blast

untill i tipped over the office chair i was sitting in and busted my knee on good old concrete

it still gets sore here and there

vicious1988
September 13th, 2008, 20:44
I've cut and taken chunks out of my knuckles punching my mouse. Probably a lot more that I can't think of it atm.

TheDevilWithinJordz
September 13th, 2008, 23:59
Nothing too bad except a lot of the time when I start up gears of war with the stereo too loud. Damn that logo annoys me lol
Still, awesome game :D

ICE
September 14th, 2008, 03:29
Ive never hurt myself while gaming but I have been known to strike those around me. Its a great stress release.

motel6man
September 14th, 2008, 08:25
played my brother at halo one night after being mad already i started hitting the controller and ended up with my 360 controller covered in blood lost count how many controllers ive actually broke this way

darkriku2000
September 14th, 2008, 19:20
When I got frustrated playing DBZ Budokai 2 and trying to beat kid boo on the last map (I didn't know about the goten + trunks trick) I would mimic throwing the controller to ease my frustration, until one time I lifted it up way over my head and ended up cracking my self in the back of the head with it

Guess you could say that I stopped doing that

Oh, and another time (don't remember what game) I got ticked off, threw the controller in a weird slant behind me, it circled around my neck and ended up slapping me right in between the legs

mafta
September 15th, 2008, 05:38
i dont think i have personally been hurt while gaming apart from my hands hurting from playing to long but my friend cut his hand on a ceiling fan (thankfully off) while playing eye toy on the ps2 and now has a scare in the shape of the nike tick on the back of his hand

kaferenza
September 15th, 2008, 20:19
Not really an injury to myself but back in the day I remember getting SUPER pissed for some reason while playing Streets of Rage 3 (I think). Anywho, I ripped it out of the console (power was still on) and threw it against the wall. At this point it decided to piss my friend off as well by bouncing off of the wall and hitting him in the head hard enough to leave a bruise. :p

Brainy142
September 15th, 2008, 22:20
I cut my thumb with my 360 controler