PDA

View Full Version : Sup guys

steve520
September 14th, 2008, 02:30
wasup guys havent been around here in foeva see guys still kicking it lol. its good to see that there still some people i recognize around anyways cheers

ICE
September 14th, 2008, 02:35
Cheers? You're from Ohio! Stop trying to fit in with all the euopeans here lol.

Eviltaco64
September 14th, 2008, 03:06
I say cheers sometimes... thanks Europe!

VampDude
September 14th, 2008, 04:42
<*(((-<

lol, the word "cheers" isn't European...

...It's English (England/U.K. is very independent from the rest of Europe), and Mr.Fishy (above) agrees with me. :cool:

Oh, and the Americans stole it for the T.V. program of the same name. So I'm guessing that Americans who say cheers, watched the show "Cheers" on T.V. at some point. :rofl:

Eviltaco64
September 14th, 2008, 05:04
<*(((-<

lol, the word "cheers" isn't European...

...It's English (England/U.K. is very independent from the rest of Europe), and Mr.Fishy (above) agrees with me. :cool:

Oh, and the Americans stole it for the T.V. program of the same name. So I'm guessing that Americans who say cheers, watched the show "Cheers" on T.V. at some point. :rofl:

Well, when I think of Europe, the first thing that comes to mind is the UK (and Kazakhstan, of course).

And I never watched Cheers. I never got to go to a place where everyone knew my name, unlike Norm (but I wouldnt know that :p).

ICE
September 14th, 2008, 06:16
The only time Americans say cheers is when they're drinking or they're trying to fit in with Europeans and I sure dont see any alcohol around here.

steve520
September 14th, 2008, 06:47
ill say cheerz when i god damn feel like it so **** u asshole lol. I really didnt know what else to say hahahaaha.

VampDude
September 14th, 2008, 15:21
Well, when I think of Europe, the first thing that comes to mind is the UK (and Kazakhstan, of course).

The U.K. isn't the first place most people think of when thinking of Europe, I hardly ever think of it myself (even though I'm sitting/standing on/in it). lol

The 3 countries in Europe I mostly think of when the word Europe is spoken are:

#1 - France
#2 - Italy
#3 - Germany

ICE
September 14th, 2008, 15:47
The U.K. isn't the first place most people think of when thinking of Europe, I hardly ever think of it myself (even though I'm sitting/standing on/in it). lol

#1 - France
#2 - Italy
#3 - Germany

I can almost guarantee that if I asked 50 people here in the US to name one place in Europe 90% of them would say the UK.

Eviltaco64
September 14th, 2008, 15:59

#1 - France
#2 - Italy
#3 - Germany

I really think of Europe in two parts, Eastern and Western.

I agree that the UK is more independent than the other European nations, but its still a part of Europe, whether it's independent or not.

quzar
September 14th, 2008, 19:28
I can almost guarantee that if I asked 50 people here in the US to name one place in Europe 90% of them would say the UK.

and you would be wrong. They would most certainly not say the UK (who cares about wales?) if anything 'England'.

I'm quite sure continental western Europe would win out.

ICE
September 14th, 2008, 19:57
and you would be wrong. They would most certainly not say the UK (who cares about wales?) if anything 'England'.

I'm quite sure continental western Europe would win out.

Ok. Im going to come out and be honest here. I dont know or care what people think of when they hear Europe.

pibs
September 15th, 2008, 03:12

depending on how old those people are, if i asked teens they probably all would just say England lol

VampDude
September 15th, 2008, 03:21

depending on how old those people are, if i asked teens they probably all would just say England lol

That's probably true, but they would probably just name all the places from the movie Euro Trip. lol

Eviltaco64
September 15th, 2008, 06:03
Lol, it's not like Americans learn everything (about Europe) from media.

Shrygue
September 15th, 2008, 19:43
Okay, can't see what the hubhub is all about but anyway, it's been a long while since you visted DCEmu, Steve520, hope you've been well and that. Come by and see us a bit more often if you can.

VampDude
September 15th, 2008, 21:44
Lol, it's not like Americans learn everything (about Europe) from media.

I learn mostly everything these days from media based sources. :cool:

Eviltaco64
September 15th, 2008, 23:39
Europe is usually talked about in two ways by the American media.

Method #1 - Old European stereotypes by country.
Method #2 - Europe is superior to the US (they imply that in a few shows).

nomi
September 15th, 2008, 23:53
Wow wierd discussion!

quzar
September 16th, 2008, 00:15
I learn mostly everything these days from media based sources. :cool:

That explains so much.

VampDude
September 16th, 2008, 02:09
That explains so much.

Yes, you can learn quite a bit from extensively searching topics on Google and other medias.

I am actually watching a T.V. documentary series called Wild China on bbc.co.uk/iPlayer (an online T.V. service available in the UK), it's very factual. The wildlife of China is very interesting, before I started watching that series I watched a three part series called Visions of the Future (also on iPlayer) with Michio Kaku.

There are many decent media sources online with learning materials in media form, which very useful if the area where you live there is a lack of resource in local bookshops and libraries. Which in my case I just get on a train and goto a library 28 miles away, and make a day of it.

quzar
September 16th, 2008, 02:39
Yes, you can learn quite a bit from extensively searching topics on Google and other medias.

I am actually watching a T.V. documentary series called Wild China on bbc.co.uk/iPlayer (an online T.V. service available in the UK), it's very factual. The wildlife of China is very interesting, before I started watching that series I watched a three part series called Visions of the Future (also on iPlayer) with Michio Kaku.

There are many decent media sources online with learning materials in media form, which very useful if the area where you live there is a lack of resource in local bookshops and libraries. Which in my case I just get on a train and goto a library 28 miles away, and make a day of it.

You mean video form, not media form. The internet provides books too you know. In ancient times people were able to use it to communicate text to others. Enjoy: http://www.archive.org/details/texts

Darksaviour69
September 16th, 2008, 09:56
video, books, mags, texts etc are all media.

quzar
September 16th, 2008, 11:40

Which is exactly why I'm sure he either meant multimedia or video, as he was saying how he can't find anything to read and has to resort to watching video documentaries.

VampDude
September 16th, 2008, 23:09

Which is exactly why I'm sure he either meant multimedia or video, as he was saying how he can't find anything to read and has to resort to watching video documentaries.

No, I read Wikipedia (and a few other text based sources) aswell as watching video documentaries online, and reading books at the library.

Accordion
September 17th, 2008, 01:13

sup guys

VampDude
September 17th, 2008, 01:18

sup guys

Hello. http://i86.photobucket.com/albums/k82/Tee12heyhey/devil-waving.gif