PDA

View Full Version : Sega to Release New Dreamcast Bundle

wraggster
December 10th, 2005, 19:22
Gamefront.de has reported that Sega will release a new Dreamcast bundle with Radilgy & also a limited production telephone card, the bundle can only be brought from Sega Direct. The price will be 15.800 Yen (approx. 112 Euro/ $133)!

Fantastic news to have Sega release a new Dreamcast Bundle in 2006 lets hope they make it Mil-CD compatible so we can use our Homebrew on it and while there at it chuck a BroadBand Adapter in ;)

DaMadFiddler
December 10th, 2005, 19:49
WaitwaitwaitwhatWHAT?

Dreamcast bundle as in Sega will be selling Dreamcast CONSOLES?

Where did you get this news? Refurbished or "new" (such as leftovers from a warehouse or something--I can't imagine they'd actually put them back into production)?

o.O

For those who read my post on DCEmulation last week, my Dreamcast broke...which is not good, because I do a fair amount of testing for people. If Sega is marketing UNUSED systems, I think I may have to import.

DARKGATE
December 10th, 2005, 22:01
WHAAAAATTT???????????????? o_O
SEGA, a new BUNDLE with SEGA DREAMCAST????
o_O O_o
Oh my gooood °_° !!!!!!!

M Dash
December 10th, 2005, 22:29
O.O

i will ONLY believe it, when i see the official news on the SEGA website or something!!

SiZiOUS
December 10th, 2005, 23:59
EEK ?!!

I'm really surprised by this news :eek: :eek: :eek: !!!

So SEGA doesn't have forgotten the Dreamcast... ;)

MetaFox
December 11th, 2005, 00:28
I doubt they are new. Sega offered refurbished Dreamcasts with Puyo Puyo Fever through Sega Direct a while back. This is probably the same thing.

Though it's still cool that Sega sells Dreamcasts at all.

Godhandneo
December 11th, 2005, 11:46
can someone put a link on here to where i can order one from?

bigral
December 15th, 2005, 22:05
can someone put a link on here to where i can order one from?

What you are talking about? of course nobody can do it . I bet it is YEBFAD (yet another BAD fake about dream).

Darksaviour69
December 16th, 2005, 14:14
it is japan only, but there is a guy doing orders
http://dreamcasthistory.com/dreamcasting2/viewtopic.php?t=1742&start=0

btw they are not making new DCs, they are refurbished, and they won't play homebrew (updated bios)

U2K Tha Greate$t
December 17th, 2005, 03:20
That bundle sucks, and i think sega needs to get a team together and release more dreamcast games. I know the piracy issue exist, but i think if they do things right, the piracy issue wouldnt get in the way.

They wont be making a large large profit, but a good enough profit to continue to make some dc games every now and then. But releasing a dc system with wack ass game with a stupid telephone card is a waste of time.

MetaFox
December 17th, 2005, 13:56
I know the piracy issue exist, but i think if they do things right, the piracy issue wouldnt get in the way.The consoles that come with the bundles don't have MIL-CD support, so there is no piracy issue with the consoles that come with the bundle.

Jdemon
December 17th, 2005, 14:57
@DaMadFiddler - Do you live in the US? If so you can usually find 1 or 2 at EBworld, FuncoLand, or any "local" used video games shops. And of course, there's always Ebay.

I really wish they would release more BB adapters :(