PDA

View Full Version : Homebrew on Firmware v2.60 via the GTA Save games Hack ?

wraggster
December 11th, 2005, 00:52
Jim Paris (http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4336) posted this rather interesting statement:

<blockquote>As you may know, EdisonCarter has made a trainer for GTA that uses a straightforward exploit in the game to execute arbitrary code. He chose not to reveal his techniques, but with the new savedata encryption and decryption routines at http://forums.ps2dev.org/viewtopic.php?t=4335, now anyone can run homebrew on 2.0, 2.01, 2.50, and probably 2.60:

Decrypt the GTA cheat device using the savedata/decrypt sample
Find and modify the code (look at offset 0xc4 for the offset of the start of MIPS code)
Reencrypt the save using the savedata/encrypt sample
Note that the syscalls may be changed from the 2.0 VSH mode, since a different set of modules is loaded. Hopefully it shouldn't take long before someone clever like Fanjita can make a decent loader for us.</blockquote>

Terial
December 11th, 2005, 00:57
I was thinking about being able to do something like this!!!!!! O_O AGH *headesk* anyway.... GOD BLESS YOU ROCKSTAR FOR CORRUPTING THE MINDS OF THE CHILDREN! :p come on, someone make us a loader why dontcha ;) i know what im asking for for christmas

Virus
December 11th, 2005, 02:31
i bet rockstar made there game be able to get this app in so that they can screw sony! yay but anyways i hope this is true cause i want the psptv thingy

biocat
December 11th, 2005, 03:08
i bet rockstar made there game be able to get this app in so that they can screw sony! yay but anyways i hope this is true cause i want the psptv thingy

I updated my second psp to 2.6 (the other still being 1.0) and I have to say I really love the portable TV service. The video looks great and just being able to watch cartoons while I'm on the train is so nice.

Pinguin
December 11th, 2005, 03:14
some people are so stingy-

they don't want to give the source and/or the product of the many hours of labor freely. DANG.

Well, personally, i think that an EBOOT loader for all firmwares would be awseome. If they could figure a way to run programs off of this exploit (after revers engineering it if "stingy" hasn't given the source away--) then that would be AWESOME.

Personally, the location-free tv is useless, and, a firmware upgrade with something other than restrictions lifted and something that most people cant use (LOCATION FREE TV) would be nice. But, i guess that is what most people think.

Oh yes, i never upgraded my psp past 2.0, but i use my friends as a test platform.

Jman0708
December 11th, 2005, 03:33

Jman0708
December 11th, 2005, 03:34
ok then

pkmusicmaker
December 11th, 2005, 08:25
I updated my second psp to 2.6 (the other still being 1.0) and I have to say I really love the portable TV service. The video looks great and just being able to watch cartoons while I'm on the train is so nice.

you don't need an internet connection for it to work?

YourStillWithMe
December 11th, 2005, 15:30
this is good for all you people that didnt know about hombrew and updated to 2.01, 2.50 or 2.60 or you just bought your psp like that. (what are they currentlys hipping in the U.S, 2.00?) But I think we still need to focus on a few things here

-Further homebrew development on 2.00 and 2.50 because thats where MOST people are
-Firmware launcher on either the 1.00 or 1.50 firmware so games like GTA, Star Wars Battlefront II and The Con can be played with ease as opposed to the fastloader launch way.

Why should we stray away from the 2.01 hakcs you 2.01 users? Because not a lot of people have it!

Like I always say-(Read my sig. . .) Stay as low as possible people!

psycx
December 11th, 2005, 20:01
Check out Fanjita's new post on the thread at ps2dev.

slaphappygamer
December 11th, 2005, 20:44
so this means i can run nesterj and dgen with 2.60?

zackforbing
December 11th, 2005, 21:03
no. please read the first post thoroughly.

an exploit can be written around the GTA Save Games Hack, but no one has done it yet. in other words- DO NOT UPGRADE YET. wait until someone actually puts out the software that will exploit it. and even then, you may want to wait to see how many people have problems with it before you upgrade (since currently there isn't a way back from 2.60!)!

SchmuckofNI
December 12th, 2005, 01:11
Or just buy another PSP. You can get em used for 150-200 US dollars now. I paid 150 for a 1.5 psp and it still works flawlessly.

IndianCheese
December 12th, 2005, 02:24
Put me down for $100 that a downgrader will be here by Friday.

Nitro Kid
December 12th, 2005, 09:46
Thats a pretty brave statement...What makes you so sure?

Fanjita
December 12th, 2005, 11:25
Put me down for $100 that a downgrader will be here by Friday.

Highly unlikely, the security within this environment is stronger than any previous exploit. Flash appears to be completely locked down, I spent a long time trying to get my downgrader to work with no success.

Read the post on ps2dev for more about what's possible.

slaphappygamer
December 12th, 2005, 14:59
no. please read the first post thoroughly.

an exploit can be written around the GTA Save Games Hack, but no one has done it yet. in other words- DO NOT UPGRADE YET. wait until someone actually puts out the software that will exploit it. and even then, you may want to wait to see how many people have problems with it before you upgrade (since currently there isn't a way back from 2.60!)!

sorry bout that. i didnt understand the discussion fully. rather than get another psp to mess with, i will wait and see what happens. thanks

alepus
December 13th, 2005, 19:32
you don't need an internet connection for it to work?

most modern trains have wireless internet. at least here in sweden.

gotmilk0112
December 14th, 2005, 11:57
"PSP 3d" did it
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=15339

gotmilk0112
December 14th, 2005, 12:02
"2.50 is now out go grab the firmware trick that is out on http://sonyxteam.com" your sig is lying YourStillWithMe!!!! YOU LIE!!! :p