PDA

View Full Version : Conduit "Probably Will" Use Friend Codes

wraggster
September 14th, 2008, 23:12
Friend codes on the Wii are enough of a pain in the ass for casual titles that those anticipating the few multiplayer FPSes on the console — like, say, The Conduit — are positively dreading what they'd do to that online experience. Exchanging codes with one friend is bad enough. Sixteen? Oh, lawd.

http://kotaku.com/5049637/conduit-probably-will-use-friend-codes

vicious1988
September 14th, 2008, 23:23
Hmm. That is definitely a game killer. Friend codes are the worst idea in the history of gaming.

ICE
September 15th, 2008, 00:07
I will probably be upset about this.

mcdougall57
September 15th, 2008, 00:26
Meh.. I prefer playing randomers anyway.

agenericperson
September 15th, 2008, 01:24
Well, I've officially lost hope in this game. Friend Codes are really starting to take their toll...

Shadowblind
September 15th, 2008, 01:52
Well, at least theres $60 I won't have to spend....

Flygon
September 15th, 2008, 08:04
Well, at least theres $60 I won't have to spend....
And $100 I won't have to spend :D

devination
September 15th, 2008, 15:52
Is it that big of a deal? Playing random people on line and adding your real life friends should be enough. Its not perfect but everyone is going crazy over something that should be so small.
The thing I would want them to put in is a friends and rivals system like in Metroid Prime Hunters. That would be fine

ICE
September 15th, 2008, 17:08
Is it that big of a deal? Playing random people on line and adding your real life friends should be enough. Its not perfect but everyone is going crazy over something that should be so small.
The thing I would want them to put in is a friends and rivals system like in Metroid Prime Hunters. That would be fine

Thats sorta how I feel too. I think realistically there wasnt any way they wouldnt have friend codes.. EA is the only one who hasnt had to use them and High Voltage is not EA lol.. Sure its disappointing but its not that big of a deal. The game still looks great.

Brainy142
September 15th, 2008, 22:18
ya that WOULD work if you could ADD people you meet online

grossaffe
September 15th, 2008, 22:24
i guess no one plays games for their single player anymore?

vicious1988
September 16th, 2008, 06:24
Single player? What the hell is that?

Demonic_Cr0w
September 17th, 2008, 01:20
Single player? What the hell is that?I lol'd = ] Anyway, it's really not that big of a deal. Hell, if you meet someone that you become friends with, take the time to write the friend code down (unless of course the developers just add a player menu in multiplayer that lets you add whoever = ] ) Wii Speak should make this a whole lot easier to do unless you can't talk to people that aren't your friends. It's still going to be a fantastic game, and you people are quite lazy.