PDA

View Full Version : Lua RPG

wraggster
December 11th, 2005, 11:06
fchaos has released an early version of a Homebrew RPG that he/she is working on, heres what fchaos posted:

"I've started an RPG and I decided to show some of the progress. I just have the basics so far: moving, animation, collision dectection, and teleporting to other maps.

Todo list:
Battle System
Scrolling (maybe)
Story
My own graphics =P

The sprite thats in the game is from the RPG MAKER Toolkit."

Screenshots and download via the comments:

nath700
July 16th, 2006, 16:11
looks good so far, i enjoyed having a little play around, when theres a big story and everything then it would be awesome

yaustar
July 16th, 2006, 16:40
Some things I noticed:

- Use of txt files to hold the map data. Great idea and using a tile based system makes it really easy to use. There is on flaw with it though, it can only use 10 different tiles, as soon as you try to use the 10th onwards tiles, the data structure falls apart. Using chars/letters may be better for this.

- I just placed my FPS counter into and on the PC I get ~8fps.

- Map teleporting, why do I land in the middle of the room rather then just outside of the door?

- Bounds checking of the map isn't complete, I can go off the right and bottom but not the top and left.

- No comments in code.

Great start though and be keeping my eye on this one.

JKKDARK
July 16th, 2006, 16:44
It will be great :) Good luck ;)

D0N
July 16th, 2006, 16:46
Great work fchaos! This is going to be great once you get everything implemented. Keep it up!

yaustar
July 16th, 2006, 16:49
Hang on a second. Who the heck revived this.

"December 11th, 2005, 11:06" Thread creation date ¬¬

D0N
July 16th, 2006, 17:24
Woah i didnt notide that. Then this is pretty old I though it was new... Oh well...

fchaos
August 1st, 2006, 03:27
Thanks for the comments but this projects been dead for a while, due to lack of inspiration/motivation to continue.

@ Yaustar
Its nice that you noticed all those things. Yea some of the code is pretty crude...

dtothabreezy
August 1st, 2006, 03:36
im probbably gonna release a new rpg system a littel after the 2df projects done

but i need some one to complete it becuz after wards im going to learn some c++ and make some other games just sayin while this is already bumped

pspman354
August 1st, 2006, 06:19
dfsdf