PDA

View Full Version : guidance on PSP if Possible?

spencerp
December 11th, 2005, 19:06
Hi, I have a Japanese Version of the PSP coming soon, i think it will have Version 1.5 Firmwhere on it. can someone please tell me what I can and cant play? Ive been told I can play all backups and homebrews but not Brand New Games on UMD, Because New Games will upgrade me to 2.0?, Is this Correct?

Thanks

PSP_Newbie
December 11th, 2005, 19:58
You can play newer games with the WAB or SXT version changer to trick your psp into thinking it has a higher version than it does.
However, the exception of this is some games such as GTA.

spencerp
December 11th, 2005, 20:00
what if GTA was a backup?

PSP_Newbie
December 11th, 2005, 20:19
nope, impossible as of this moment to play GTA on a 1.5 in any way,
you could always upgrade to 2.0 and use 2.0 eboot loader(not full functionality) or downgrade afterwords if you are really desperate to play GTA, but further developements in firmware loaders might lead to playing games like GTA on 1.5 soon -maybe

spencerp
December 11th, 2005, 21:41
Im not realy that bothered but yes I could upgrade or use a 2.0 loader. Thanks

Jdemon
December 12th, 2005, 00:01
If you do get a 1.5 (which I seriously doubt you will) it would really be a crime to update the firmware. There are a few games that require the 2.0 upgrade but alot that still don't.

spencerp
December 12th, 2005, 19:47
Im hope I will get a V.2.0, Im worried they might send me a V2.1, If so, i'll send it back. Ive ordered a Black Giga Pack, Anyone know what Version they Are?