PDA

View Full Version : NEXT GEN: What you gonna get?

Kaiser
December 12th, 2005, 03:02
With the Xbox 360 launch over and done with. The first shot has been fired and whether you like it or not your going to be dragged into the next GEN kicking and screaming.

Anywho what system(s) do you plan to buy?

My answer is to get a Playstation 3 followed by a Revoluton maybe a year later or so.

Christuserloeser
December 12th, 2005, 15:27
The Revolution seems to be interesting. Otherwise I am pretty happy with my DC and GameCube...

beetroot bertie
December 12th, 2005, 15:50
I'm not in too much of a rush to get a new console (I still have loads of unplayed games for my DC) but I'm shirking towards the Revolution (or whatever it will be called). I don't actually play games half as much as I used to but I think the revolution will offer some novel and new ways to play games. Well I hope so anyway.

That said, I still find 1st person shooters pretty immersive and I'd imagine the PS3 and X360 will be inundated with quality shooters over their lifetimes. I played some of Half-Life 2 the other day on a friend's Xbox and was very impressed. Assuming/hoping that the new gen will make/allow programmers to do things even better then I reckon it might get harder to choose 1 console out of the 3.

I think I'll at least wait until all 3 are available though before deciding. The price tags may have an influence at the time too as may the popularity of the storage media - if it becomes common place for films to be released on Blu-Ray then it may be another influencing factor.

I know it's unlikely to be possible unless a really good emulator became available but I reckon if one of the consoles could play my Dreamcast games then I may have to consider that too (ah, to wish).

one winged angel
December 12th, 2005, 15:51
Maybe i get the revolution just like Christuserloeser

quzar
December 13th, 2005, 11:47
If I get one (relatively unlikely) then it would be the revolution, barring the existance of some game I MUST play one one of the other two and nobody I know owning it.

plungmonies
December 13th, 2005, 15:18
I would say the revolution as it may be fun on a friday or saturday night with friends and whatever out of the other 2 proves to be the most capable for homebrew, since I dont really play many modern games. Hell, the reason I own an xbox is purely to play mame while sitting on the couch with my wife......gonna play some quiz and dragons tonight hehe.

gotmilk0112
December 19th, 2005, 12:35
i say i will get the revolution because of it low-low price of 100$-150$ while X360 and PS3 sell for 3x price of 300$!! and microsoft says PS3 is "Inferior" to X360 but they still have like, shipments backed up till like febuary...jeez

its gonna be the same thing every 2-3 years: each company comes out with a new "NexGen" System and people go crazy over it.*yawn*. i wonder when the console making will finally stop.... 2053?

Kaiser
December 20th, 2005, 23:47
i say i will get the revolution because of it low-low price of 100$-150$ while X360 and PS3 sell for 3x price of 300$!! and microsoft says PS3 is "Inferior" to X360 but they still have like, shipments backed up till like febuary...jeez

its gonna be the same thing every 2-3 years: each company comes out with a new "NexGen" System and people go crazy over it.*yawn*. i wonder when the console making will finally stop.... 2053?

$100 for a new console is complete and utter BS. Not even this generation's consoles are that cheap. $400 is the likely price of the PS3 and that amount goes for the Xbox 360 as well.

The main sellers for the new generation consoles are as follows:

-PS3 is the most powerful
-Revolution is most "innovative"
-The Xbox 360 has the best online enviroment

However all that shit doesn't matter because how good the games are is what matters. Xbox 360 doesn't have a killer app yet and it will need it before the PS3 hits or its gonna be in trouble. Nintendo will avoid the other consoles and try to continue to sell to its current fanbase. PS3 has got MGS5 so its bound to hit hard when it comes out next year.

Kaiser
January 15th, 2006, 05:29
Even though I'm not fond of bumping, I'd like to see this poll stay around at least a little longer. Keep voting dcemu.

hireandfire
January 16th, 2006, 02:28
ps3 without a doubt! just to complete my collection: psx, ps2, psp, ... :D

Mental2k
January 16th, 2006, 16:13
x360 have it order oooh yeah

Allergenetic
January 17th, 2006, 03:01
I've had my 360 for a while now and I love it. I may get a Revolution but I'm staying far away from the PS3. I've disliked nearly every Sony product... Trying to get rid of my PSP as we speak.