PDA

View Full Version : What about nintendo

shadowprophet
December 12th, 2005, 10:46
Everbodies stuck on either the x-box 360 or the ps3.
Yeah im not mentaly I,ll . Well thats besides the point :o
Even I know nintendo isnt going to come out on top this next round.
But its got a lot going for it that most people dont give it credit for,
Sure I will be the first to admit the controller issue is gonna be a problem.
Hell who wants to use a set of numb chucks to controll most games,
even I dont and know how to use a pair. still abstaining from that meaningless point. nobody is sure about the controller.
But even if the controller turns out to be the worst idea nintendo has ever had,
(although I think the virtual boy has that honor)You know that some third party company will fix us right up with somthing we can live with.
and you know its going to be affordible. i expect it to be within the $250.00 to $299.00 price range.. And if you think about it that pretty affordible for a console now-a-days.
Okay now that that point is aside itself . let me point out a few more points.
lets face it nintendo may not be by any means a squaresoft er square-enix .
wtf ever., hell it will be square-capcom by this time next year anyway.
the point is that nintendo knows games. Quality titles like Zelda- metroid
even with any luck the next mario title will be nice. even the mario karts .
point being .. How many nintendo systems havnt been made of prue quality ?
Hell I would never admit it to the poor individual i end up selling my GC to once I get my revolution , But the thing has been droped on a hard wood floor, .. NOT EVEN A SCRATCH AND STILL PLAYS LIKE A DREAM ?
try that with a ps2 or x-box ? not gonna happen..

And not let us forget for those of us that do have a gamecube . Its going to play our old game cube games too. You might not admit to haveing a gamecube, But I know youve got zelda wind waker. And both the metroids.
sure its not gonna be the most powerful system on the market, But its not gonna be the most expensive either.

so for al the Nintendo fans out there and for all of you that have forgoten the days when nintendo ruled with an iron fist.
One last time and one for the future,
ALL HAIL NINTENDO THE FATHER OF VIDEOGAMES AS WE KNOW THEM !!!!!
Thats right I said it live with it :D

beetroot bertie
December 12th, 2005, 16:00
I think the Revolution will allow GC Controllers anyway from what I've read but since so little is actually know we'll have to wait and see.

I'm just gonna bide my time and judge all 3 when they come out - assuming I can afford them (the current prices for the X360 are way more than I'd be currently willing to pay).

And speaking of tough hardware, I used to have an Acorn Electron with a Plus 1 unit attached to the back and man was that solid. I never tested it but I reckon it would have survived a good drop.

Kaiser
December 12th, 2005, 23:42
Lots of people give Nintendo credit. Infact I think there is way to many Nintendo fanboys out there. With Sony and most of all Microsoft as the most hated system by the internet community. At least on the forums I post at. However in general public out side cyber space its a different story. With Nintendo the most ridiculed(This go's back to when the 16-bit era when Genesis games had more blood then there Snes counterpart).

Point is opinions vary and I really don't give a shit, because this is thread is the perfect breeding ground for a flame war.

shadowprophet
December 13th, 2005, 02:13
Lots of people give Nintendo credit. Infact I think there is way to many Nintendo fanboys out there. With Sony and most of all Microsoft as the most hated system by the internet community. At least on the forums I post at. However in general public out side cyber space its a different story. With Nintendo the most ridiculed(This go's back to when the 16-bit era when Genesis games had more blood then there Snes counterpart).

Point is opinions vary and I really don't give a shit, because this is thread is the perfect breeding ground for a flame war.

Perhaps ive been away too long.
Or even possibly I gave people too much credit.
At any rate I didnt suspect my little nintendo rabble rouser could start a flame war. At the very least it wasnt my intention ;)
My only real point to this was that I dont really hear a lot of excitment building for the revolution.
And I believe there should be a little more revolution buzz then i have been hearing. But thats about my only reason:p :p

beetroot bertie
December 13th, 2005, 15:31
I'm just looking forward to hearing more about the Rev.

All the consoles will have their merits and at the end of the day it's the games that matter not the hardware format. I think it will be hard for 3 formats to thrive though and Gamecube support over here in the UK is not particularly strong in the high street stores. They tend to stock much less stuff than the PS2/Xbox and it always seems to be tucked away at the back of the shops and I doubt sales figures are particularly high.

xuphorz
December 14th, 2005, 03:26
i couldn't care less about ps3 or sony for that matter (except psp :p) xbox 360 loks cool,l but i just don't care

ever since i heard of nintendo revolution i wanted it, with free wi-fi internet play, and the funky controller with even mroe strange additions to the controller coming, i want it! it's also way cheaper than ps3 or xbox 360 will be (because according to egm, the rev dev kits only have graphic a little higher than gcn)

shadowprophet
December 17th, 2005, 16:21
I was reading up on the new revolution controller and they said there are still Detales about it they havnt revealed yet.
I wonder whats next
Instead of numbchucks it also really does double as a tv remote ?
lol

bill00000
December 17th, 2005, 18:18
The more I hear about the revolution, the cooler it sounds. I've been a sony man since they started making consoles, but I think nintendo is doing the right thingdistancing themselves from the console war, and doing their own thing.

For anyone who was around in the good ol' days, what was your first thought the first time you laid eyes on a NES gamepad? Mine was "WTF? Where's the joystick? How do I control a game with this cross thing?" Nintendo revolutionized how we play video games, and after the initial "WTF?" when I saw the revolution controller, the more faith I have in Nintendo to do it again.

Now if Nintendo make a very good, reasonably priced, iTunes style retro-gaming store, I think they'll be just fine. I'd pay 1-2 bucks apiece for classic game downloads, and if nintendo partnered up with some of the 3rd party developers from the 8-16 bit era, it could be very awesome.

Furthermore, I think the revolution should come with every mario game from the 8-16 bit era right out of the box. That would sell consoles right there.

Kaiser
December 23rd, 2005, 09:14
Perhaps ive been away too long.
Or even possibly I gave people too much credit.
At any rate I didnt suspect my little nintendo rabble rouser could start a flame war. At the very least it wasnt my intention ;)
My only real point to this was that I dont really hear a lot of excitment building for the revolution.
And I believe there should be a little more revolution buzz then i have been hearing. But thats about my only reason:p :p

Could of SP, I said could of ;) , apparently people here don't start foaming at the mouth when someone creates a Nintendo thread. I'm used to people getting all worked up with even the slightest hint of fanboyism. If that is even a real "ism" or not nowadays is beside the point to :D.

beetroot bertie
December 23rd, 2005, 15:15
I think the revolution should come with every mario game from the 8-16 bit era right out of the box. That would sell consoles right there.

That would be a great idea! I loved it that the Sega Master System had a game (or 2) built into it. I wish console manufacturers would do this sort of stuff nowadays as it would be great. Obviously onboard ram is too small to hold a full modern game but a collection of 16 bit roms would be a nice thing to give out of the box, especially from a company like Nintendo or Sega who have that history. Maybe they could do it with the first say 100 thousand models to reward early adopters/fans etc.

Does anyone know if the DC came with any such easter egg type games built into it?

ptr.exe
December 23rd, 2005, 22:15
Ive always had Nintendo as my first choice for consoles, but now im starting to change my mind. When i first heard about the Rev. i couldnt wait but as time goes on im starting to think more and more that Ninty has completely lost the concept of a target market, the new controller will alienate the casual gamer.

They need to start building a larger consumer base in the home console market, before the GBA was their main cash cow but now with competition from Sony in the hand held market their profits are going to take a hit. Of course they will always make a profit and will always be a competitor but with the current state of the market they cannot afford to innovate, this next gen was a chance for them to take back some ground, but by refusing to comment on forthcoming games and not creating any hype around the new console the mainstream has and will continue to ignore Nintendo.

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2005, 03:40
Damn I finely got online with my psp. I wish somone would have told me how watterd down and overated it was....

ptr.exe
December 24th, 2005, 14:19
Damn I finely got online with my psp. I wish somone would have told me how watterd down and overated it was....
Have you not been online with the DS yet? Mario Kart is awsome especially online, but the fact that you cant choose who to play against really makes it get old quickly, still good though.

beetroot bertie
December 24th, 2005, 15:08
Have you not been online with the DS yet? Mario Kart is awsome especially online

Not yet, but I'm hoping for Mario Kart as a Christmas pressie and if I can get it to work with my router then I'll be there although I've read some negative stuff over at DC Emulation's forums about people 'snaking' all the time which sounds like a bit of a spoiler. As does the lack of options about choosing who to race with. What's the friends list all about then? I take it that only shows if those down in your list are available?

urmom9388
December 24th, 2005, 16:57
I have played mario kart ds online but it us nothing compared to socom for psp online.

shadowprophet
December 24th, 2005, 21:40
Have you not been online with the DS yet? Mario Kart is awsome especially online, but the fact that you cant choose who to play against really makes it get old quickly, still good though.
But im geting mk very soon ,Does anybody know if there is a web browser for the ds.?

ptr.exe
December 25th, 2005, 19:09
bertrude, there are alot of negative aspects - the main one being people switching off once you start beating them, its still good and playing against a human that will be much more sneaky than the crap AI is much more fun.

However, snaking, is not a negative aspect of the game - its part of the game mechanic and i'm sick of people complaining about it. It's difficult to pull off, and requires a bit of skill, personally ive boosted on straights on the SNES, N64 and GC versions and never believed it was cheating, then suddenly its against the rules on the DS.

The friends list is just a list of people that you have played in real life or gotten their code. When you wanna play a game online, you have four options -
friends - search for those in the friends list who are online.
rivals - search for those who are at a similar level to you (based on your stats).
continental - play against those on your continent (what i use most).
worldwide - play against anyone, this takes ages to find opponents.

Hope that helps :)

beetroot bertie
December 26th, 2005, 15:51
Thanks Ptr. I'm up and running on MK now and my hands are suffering as a result. It really is a rather uncomfy piece of kit to hold.

I'm mananging to do the wiggle boost thing a bit now but it is a little hard to pull off and I end up sliding into the side walls instead. It sometimes seems to take ages searching for competitors too. Do you have that?

If there isn't one already maybe we could have a post of friends numbers is the DS forums for some online play with fellow DCEmu members.