PDA

View Full Version : Games and Orders

Tithansi
November 13th, 2004, 15:54
Hey, I have preordered an american DS and a couple of games from importmadness for Xmas and i was just wondering if anyone knew why most of the games are released before the actual DS itself...seems a bit odd to me. And also with all this DS ordering madness going on in Japan do you think our import preorders will be affected in anyway? (i.e not enough stock).

Oh well fingers crossed eh.

wraggster
November 13th, 2004, 17:58
there does seem to be a mad rush at the moment for preorders for both the DS and PSP.

You can be sure that Nintendo will try their best to get as many DS consoles out as quick as possible.

It sucks for us europearns who have to wait months for the official release

Uzeless
November 16th, 2004, 14:45
I suppose Nintendo must release this precious console in the most important terrotory first - the US, then Japan, then Europe. I should imagine that it would be a massive task to release it simultaniously worldwide as they are having trouble manufacturing enough just for the states!!
They are a business after all and a business must do what's best to make the most money. No point in them existing otherwise!

wraggster
November 16th, 2004, 14:48
well the key areas are the US and Japan

Nintendo are the undisputed king of handheld consoles.

Uzeless
November 16th, 2004, 15:13
And will remain so.......

josephiles
November 17th, 2004, 04:08
its better than that gizmondo crap...

Uzeless
November 17th, 2004, 15:12
Now, now! Let's not start THAT type of behaviour on the forum. Nothing worse than one console owner slagging off the competition. ;)
I'm sure the Gizmondo is a very nice bit of kit, just happens that I don't want one!

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 16:48
The Gizmondo is a very impressive and powerful console.

But powerful doesnt win in the console industry.

software back up is mightily important.

Cap'n 1time
November 17th, 2004, 17:16
When i think Gizmondo.. I think of it like GP32. They are both cool, but I dont feel they are suposed to compete with other "mainstream" handheld consoles.

wraggster
November 17th, 2004, 17:20
im buying a gp32 so ill report on how good it is too

Uzeless
November 18th, 2004, 15:47
I bought one purely to play SNES emulators on it but it didn't impress. The 'proper' games for it are aimed purely at the asian market and it only takes SmartMedia which has a 128mb limit making it pretty useless as an audio/visual player. It is a lovely unit but unfortunately it is quite useless.

Cap'n 1time
November 18th, 2004, 15:57
I bought one purely to play SNES emulators on it but it didn't impress. The 'proper' games for it are aimed purely at the asian market and it only takes SmartMedia which has a 128mb limit making it pretty useless as an audio/visual player. It is a lovely unit but unfortunately it is quite useless.

what problems were there with the snes emulator?

forgetmenot
December 15th, 2004, 10:24
i have had a snes emulator for like forever and i thought it was good, i never had any problems. it was beter then a normal snes becaues of the rewind botton i could cheat ;D

Zaneblade
December 15th, 2004, 10:43
when watchin giz movies the frame rate made my eyes hurt it was wierd and had the smallest pause every couple of seconds and the fps seemed quite bad! unlike psp and DS