PDA

View Full Version : PSP TV Adaptor Released

wraggster
December 12th, 2005, 18:24
Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click) have today posted the release of the first NO MODIFICATION PSP to TV Device for the PSP, heres the info:

http://www.success-hk.com/item_photo/item/PSP-0181-L.jpg

The PSP TV Adaptor lets you hook up your PSP to your home television (NTSC and PAL) via Composite or S-Video and Stereo connectors. This adapter requires no modification of your PSP console. This new peripheral takes a completely different approach and clips on top of your PSP screen, with two screws to fit at the back of the handheld (in these two holes you can see on the top of the UMD drive). Some sort of pyramid grows from the base, with a precision lens and mirror system at the top, capturing the image and light, in a similar way a scanner or camera would. It then converts it into a video signal that is sent through video leads going from the adapter to your TV set.

More info at Success HK (http://www.success-hk.com/affiliatewiz/aw.asp?B=112&A=50&Task=Click)

joshuaquinon
December 12th, 2005, 20:37
Whats the point of of having a playstaion portable if your going to play it on a TV Thats just STUPID.

tryqus
December 12th, 2005, 21:00
Great first post bud.

Having this accesory would allow you to play your favorite psp games on a much larger screen. You might ask "Why buy a psp if your going to play it on your tv". You might make yourself look like a moron by adding "thats STUPID".

I have yet to see any umd players spring up on the market, so being able to watch your umd movies on your tv would also be a plus.

I cant wait to read a review on this product, im super curious about how the psp rez will look on a tv.

-Tryqus

Chazzmos
December 12th, 2005, 21:24
Another advantage is that if the rez is good you can chuck out any old consoles you might have and just run emulators from the PSP.

Moning2
December 12th, 2005, 21:24
Great first post bud.

Having this accesory would allow you to play your favorite psp games on a much larger screen. You might ask "Why buy a psp if your going to play it on your tv". You might make yourself look like a moron by adding "thats STUPID".

I have yet to see any umd players spring up on the market, so being able to watch your umd movies on your tv would also be a plus.

I cant wait to read a review on this product, im super curious about how the psp rez will look on a tv.

-Tryqus

how about... worse, you can not make a better resolution with enlarging, it only makes it look worse. a dvd looks so much better than this, get a ps2 if you want to play those games on your tv and watch movies... :rolleyes:

scarface350
December 12th, 2005, 23:49
Another advantage is that if the rez is good you can chuck out any old consoles you might have and just run emulators from the PSP. I like your thinking ;)

grayjaket
December 13th, 2005, 01:42
why get a psp and play it on the big screen?

are you always mobile? do you ever go home? do you ever play psp at home? i do...and in the car. so its STILL portable and you can play it on your tv...cant do that with a ps2...

disruptor
December 13th, 2005, 01:49
I like your thinking ;)

WHAT?!! Are you insane?!
Do you seriously mean you would throw away all of your beloved retro consoles?! Emulators are nice and all that, but nothing comes close to the original.

-dissy

tryqus
December 13th, 2005, 03:19
Well then lets admit defeat, and proclaim umd a complete failure. Unless sony releases a umd player, all of our beloved umd movies will be stuck on the psp [not to say the screen is bad, really its fing amazing. When I first got my psp, I stared at the screen for 5 minutes before realizing that I was still at the main menu.]

This is an interesting accesory. Must have? Not really.

But dont dismiss it, merely because you think its silly to play a handheld system on a tv.

-Tryqus