PDA

View Full Version : SMSPlus1.2 with Adhoc Support

wraggster
December 12th, 2005, 18:56
Chris Swindle has released a new version of the port of the GameGear and Master System emulator SMS Plus to the PSP, heres whats new/info:

<blockquote>You can now play multiplayer games using the wifi adhoc option, here are the details of the steps that you need to take to play:

1 - Load up an SMS ROM on both PSP's
2 - Press select to go to the menu
3 - Enable Adhoc on both PSP's
4 - A screen will come up with the machines available
5 - Select a game to play from one of the PSP's (this will be the client)
6 - On the server agree to accept the connection from the client
7 - Wait for the rom to be sent to the client PSP (this should take a few seconds, occasionally it does not send it and you need to quit out of SMSPlus and start again)

Once this is done the PSP should send the ROM from the server to the client and then start sending the controls to each PSP, if you start a multiplayer game you should find that player 1 is controlled by the server and player 2 is controlled by the client.

If one user presses select during multiplayer, both users must press triangle to return to the game.

Thanks go to Mike for letting me borrow his PSP for the last couple of weeks to sort out adhoc support.

NOTE: Do not load another ROM without stopping wifi play, otherwise the machines will be out of sync
NOTE: All of the adhoc code was determined by patching Lumines to save to file all of the parameters and return codes.

Menu
--------
You can get to the menu pressing select, here are the options available:

Load ROM - Load a new ROM cartridge (DO NOT USE THIS IN AN ADHOC GAME)
Load Game - Load a save game state
Save Game - Save a game state
Screen Mode - Press select to change between 4:3 ratio and fullscreen
Adhoc Wifi - Enables or disables wifi

In the menu you can quit back to the game using the triangle button, X is used to select an option, O is used to cancel (only really used in wifi).

Source Released
-----------------------
Included in the ZIP file are the source files for the PSP port of SMSPlus, the code specific to the port is all in the psp directory.

Chris Swindle</blockquote>

Download via the comments :) Great work Chris ;)

Zephyroth_drgs
December 12th, 2005, 19:37
nice one, hope a nes n snes emulator with wifi comes out soon

LC_killer
December 12th, 2005, 20:24
will this work with 2.0, or are we still locked out on homebrew wifi suport. too bad i dont know anybody with a psp. Great emu. i hope more people jump on the homebrew wifi bandwagon....EDIT I just tryed this and i could get to the part where i can load a rom, but couldnt actually load the rom. so i guess it doesnt work with 2.0. well good job!! i just want snes and mastersystem full screen

MaxSMoke
December 13th, 2005, 06:47
This sounds really amazing! The only problem is, what kind of two player games can you really play with the Master System and/or Gamegear? The really good 2 Player fighters and platformers were in the 16-bit era, ie Genesis and SNES. Is there anybody working on adding Ad-Hoc support to those kind of emulators. I'd love to go 2-Player in Two Crude Dudes again, one of my favorite Co-Op Platformers of all time!

IrishGuy1087
December 13th, 2005, 07:50
well im a lil confused, cuz thought master system and genesis were the same in 1, but now max has confused me haha, can someone specify plz?

weak
December 13th, 2005, 10:23
nice work

darkdhanil
December 13th, 2005, 13:24
This is great .TK

Mr.Modem
December 13th, 2005, 14:31
well im a lil confused, cuz thought master system and genesis were the same in 1, but now max has confused me haha, can someone specify plz?

Master System was Segas 8-bits console and Genesis/Megadrive was their next generation, 16-bit system. It's like conparing Nes and Snes.

Have anyone actually tested this with multiplayer. I've tested the emulator it self but I have no one to play with :( . I hope we soon see a Nes emulator with adhoc support.

IrishGuy1087
December 13th, 2005, 21:00
o ok, thank you for making that clear to me :)

andrewgabriel77
December 13th, 2005, 21:44
I'd like to see doom and quake with ad-hoc support

Solidus Snake
December 13th, 2005, 22:01
thanks a lot to you, Chris Swindle. Playing Sonic 1 with savestate is very cool.

Now I can play the first game i ever played and save anytime.

great work

p.s. sorry for my bad english, i'm a german

Wally
December 14th, 2005, 00:16
In RE to those who dont know what games can be played over Multiplayer

Double Dragon, Marble Madness, Teddy Boy, Ghost House, etc etc etc

Games that have turn based as well