PDA

View Full Version : *bing*!! IDEA!!

gotmilk0112
December 13th, 2005, 02:32
what if you did the MPH downgrader thing but with a different image format that PSP didn't recognize like, make a jpg file but name it like: overflow.jop or somthin or find an image format that PSP don't recongnize and do the MPH downgrader mabey? :confused:

Festizzio
December 13th, 2005, 02:53
what if you did the MPH downgrader thing but with a different image format that PSP didn't recognize like, make a jpg file but name it like: overflow.jop or somthin or find an image format that PSP don't recongnize and do the MPH downgrader mabey? :confused:

That would never work. From my point of view, one of two things can happen. 1. The photo would not even appear under the photo folder, or 2. it would say "File type not supported" or something similar. BUT, I think any ideas can help the homebrew scene, so good work! :)

gotmilk0112
December 13th, 2005, 12:22
thx but yeah sony prob made it so that when you click an unsupported image type it just wont open or it will show as "Corrupted Data" or somthing ;) :mad:

bill00000
December 14th, 2005, 17:09
That, and the exploit is actually in the way the psp 2.0 handles tif images. This has been updated, so unless there happens to be another library that has a vulnerability that can cause a buffer overflow, there won't be any more image exploits. I say it's all in the game saves. That's how they cracked the Xbox, isn't it?