PDA

View Full Version : Sega Readying Secret RPG

Shrygue
September 16th, 2008, 20:47
via IGN (http://uk.ds.ign.com/articles/910/910422p1.html)

You'd think that after recent announcements of Shining Force Feather and Phantasy Star Zero Sega would be all RPGed out. Apparently not! Today, the company partially unveiled an all new RPG, and this one could be even bigger than those two!

The new RPG is... well, we don't even have a name yet! Nor do we have a platform. All we know is what's being shown at this teaser website

According to the site, the game is being produced by Rieko Odama of Phantasy Star and Skies of Arcadia fame, directed by Kazuya Ninou of Etrian Odyssey fame and will feature musical composition by Yuzo Koshiro of Streets of Rage fame. Character designs are by Mota.

The site doesn't offer any clear details on game content, although given the "dragon" in the URL and the silhouetted dragon that appears at the end of the teaser flash animation, it appears likely that dragons will have a part in the game.

With the mention of "Dragon," one is likely to think "Dragon Force." However, Sega has noted that this mystery project is an all new title, suggesting that sequels are out.

We'll find out for sure on the 26th, which is when the title is supposed to be fully unveiled. As usual with the Japanese news, things will probably leak out a couple of days in advance, so check back in the middle of next week.

And in the meanwhile, enjoy those two musical tracks that serve as background music at the teaser site.

XDelusion
September 16th, 2008, 21:04
Sounds like they got a good team behind it, I just hope they put as much love into Phantasy Star because well....

...I've not played a true Phantasy Star since part 4.

In fact I'd be very happy if the new Phantasy Star brings back the old first person dungeon crawl aspect of the original, though it sounds like it may end up cartoony, and kiddy like they've been doing with a lot of the old school games...

...gone are the days of a serious, dramatic story line I suppose. Everything's gotta be bubbly. :/

Jeric
September 17th, 2008, 05:29
Dude will you please stop with the 'bAWWWW ITS NOT OLDSKOOL ENUFF!!!!' whining? If it isn't your cup of tea, then please don't play. Besides, nothings released yet and all that we have is speculation and a few meger facts. Now kindly stuff it.

Still, an actual, GASP, original franchise will be pleasant as a change of pace from rehashing and plundering old IPs.

XDelusion
September 17th, 2008, 17:21
Eghhh, you know...

...after so many let downs, it's hard to be hopeful, but ya never know!!!

Either way, who cares in the end, it's just video games, I'm just saying....