PDA

View Full Version : will spanish x box 360 work in uk

bodbeeb
December 13th, 2005, 18:31
hi there.....can anyone tell me if an x box 360 bought in spain will work in the uk????????????????????????cheers

Hawq
December 13th, 2005, 20:04
Yes it should, though I think the Spanish plugs are differant so it'd need a new lead or possibly a power converter (I forget exactly what the voltage is there) being a Pal teritory though all games etc.. will be fine

bodbeeb
December 14th, 2005, 17:53
hi hawk.....thanks for your reply....spanish voltage is 220v...will uk games play on them also??buying for my daughter ,so please xcuse my lack of knowledge!!...spanish ones work on the pal system??????...

Hawq
December 14th, 2005, 18:44
UK games should be perfectly fine, the spanish & indeed the rest of europe (ugh I feel dirty after typing that word) use a pal system just like us, well in some parts its secam but its the same thing in practice so there wont be any worries there, any game from the uk or europe (ugh) will be ok with it. In fact like the Xbox it seems that the region locking is down to the company making the game, theres reports of Jap machines playing some US games though they use the same ntsc tv system so its a little easier for it, I wouldnt think that many ntsc us or jap ones would do too well on a pal machine tohugh but that doesnt sound like its a concern anyway..
It'd be interesting to see if any company locks between pal territries in the future really, but thats something for the far off future if it ever occurs.

bodbeeb
December 14th, 2005, 19:33
cheers for your help hawq....best.regards.....