PDA

View Full Version : NINCast64, new N64 emu comming soon

Darksaviour69
December 13th, 2005, 19:12
fox68k has post on dciberia.net (http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-view_articles.php) of a new N64 emu for the DC is in the works.

Using Chui's work with the MMU, and using ported mips r4300i and RCP cores from x86 to SH4,so far Nincast64 runs N64 roms of up to a maximum of 32Mb and runs at max of 12FPS without sound (it appears from the screenshots that Mario runs between 6-8fps)

Hopefully a preview version will be released before the end of the year.

wraggster
December 13th, 2005, 19:16
outstanding :)

M Dash
December 13th, 2005, 19:37
Now THIS ONE I WON'T LOSE!!! :D

turnerl
December 13th, 2005, 20:32
Amazing!!!! will it ever stop!!!

benoitlol
December 13th, 2005, 21:47
oh my god....

simply wonderful
good luck !!!

Segata_Sanshiro
December 13th, 2005, 21:53
This seemed imposible but is now true... ^^

zagal
December 13th, 2005, 23:00
For more screenshots visit www.dciberia.net ;)

Txs Fox & Ron for this great emu!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

soldierblade2k5
December 13th, 2005, 23:29
OMFG!!!! :eek:

soccerboi
December 14th, 2005, 00:26
Amazing!!!!

32 megabytes limit is big enough for me, there are only like 3 games bigger than 32 megabytes.

guyTHP
December 14th, 2005, 07:27
Bloody hell, that's some impressive stuff. This is one (of the many) release(s) I look forward to trying on my dc when I get back from my travels next year

arqueiro
December 14th, 2005, 13:33
wonderfull !

JeffTweedyIsGod
December 14th, 2005, 13:58
Am I dreaming?!
This is amazing, Fox.

law56ker
December 15th, 2005, 10:28
Prettty neat will be interesting to see how high of framerates it can get, i guess sound isn't even implemented so maybe not that great but nothing less great work.

Sonic-NKT
December 15th, 2005, 15:00
just wow... awesome what is still possible on our dreamcast.
if we ever can play mario at 15-18fps, that would be so awesome.

Cast128dreams
December 15th, 2005, 17:40
OH WHAT THE .......
THIS STUFF REALLY GOOD......Finally a big step is done
KEEP DREAMING!!!!

SlyBeast
December 16th, 2005, 01:52
Wow, I'm impressed. I thought this was impossible... I'll be watching the evolution of this emulator with much anticipation! :)

Christuserloeser
December 17th, 2005, 20:22
Fox, you are a magician ! :)

fackue
December 20th, 2005, 01:12
Unfortunately, it appears to be fake. Read here (http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB/viewtopic.php?t=74523) for more information.

quzar
December 20th, 2005, 11:09
http://forums.ngemu.com/news-comments/67036-nincast64-revealed.html#post909621

Read what I wrote there. There is still no proof, there are simply the reasons that I have previously stated.

M Dash
December 20th, 2005, 16:29
You know what?
I believe in Fox and Chui... wanna know why?
because NOBODY believed that ONE DAY NeoGeo emulation would be possible in DC.
I mean: people would think: a 100MB ROM in a 16MB DC RAM?? oO; Heal yourself men!

And yet, it's true!!
We now CAN play a 100MB ROM in a DC with 16MB RAM, tnx to the work of Chui and Fox with the MMU!!!!

Besides: the reputation they have it's way to good to be thrown away!!!
They would like LOSE everything they have around the DC scene, the most important thing: RESPECT!

I don't think it's a fake. they are not stupid guys or morrons that would do that! i believe in them!

If they say IT'S POSSIBLE, than IT IS POSSIBLE!
I trust them!

quzar
December 20th, 2005, 17:15
Yea, nobody, I of course never posted my different theories as to how it would be possible without using such complex methods, nor did i ever post my questioning about using the mmu for such a thing. Oh wait. I did.

Kairo Hayime
December 22nd, 2005, 03:16
Yeah M dash, you can see a Neo4all for CD version, this are great, and is the Real revolution, and AES, this is only a Alpha, and this work impressive, and I believe in Chui, Fox, when Fox post about this or if this are a Fake, I can believe

Vamos chicos ustedes pueden, aunque claro que no por quitar un post de Dciberia quiere decir que sea Fake, como siempre digo si tu no puedes, y otro si, porque tratar de hecharlos abajo?

Christuserloeser
December 28th, 2005, 08:40
Okay, I am gonna lock this topic because it probably wasn't a good idea to do a newspost of this in the first place. What I mean is that just the announcement of this emu probably caused much more trouble for Fox & Ron than any of their releases had thankful comments.

Is Nincast64 a fake? - Why bother at all right now? There's no proof for it beeing a fake. Neo4All/AES and Bleem!cast show what could be done for emulation on Dreamcast and if someone could get a N64 running on DC at 12FPS then that one definitly would be someone with decent SH4 knowledge. And that would be Fox.

I'd say let's give them both a break so they can breath again and please stop badmouthing or bugging them regarding Nincast64. If they will be back with a release or not doesn't matter much to me anymore - all I want is to see them around again.

Peace.

quzar
December 28th, 2005, 09:16
I have some relevant news I had forgotten to post pertaining to a post ron made about Nincast64 (after I asked what happened to the news post about it). One of the things in it, other than simply saying it is not fake, was that because of all of this doubt, the emulator will probably not be opensource, and may cost money. I don't know if this is a 100% accurate understanding of what he said, but if it is, this raises even more questions. I would love it if he were to comment here about it so that we have more to go on than second hand knowledge.

Ron seems to have done the worst possible thing that he could do in this situation, which is to not talk about it, and not defend his claims or refute the evidence to the contrary.

Christuserloeser
December 28th, 2005, 16:54
http://www.dciberia.net/tiki-read_article.php?articleId=250

Thanks to DcSteve for the link.

quzar
December 28th, 2005, 20:41
To summarize for those who don't speak spanish: This was a 'dia de los inocentes' prank and even though the topic says there is a download for the alpha, there isn't. Although, now he has started working on the project because of the prank.