PDA

View Full Version : Wii with built in hdd with 20 game selection

wraggster
September 16th, 2008, 21:30
Before anyone says whats this piracy, no it surely is not, Nintendo themselves have produced a Wii with built in Hard Drive and with 20 Built in games,

Heres the details via Wiihack (http://www.wiihacks.com/news-annoucements/4963-wii-built-hdd-20-game-selection.html)

http://www.youtube.com/v/tjXx1A6EO4c

My son broke his leg...so to the hospital we go...which turns out to have not been for nothing...hehe
to make matters short
by his room was a portable wii that we had wheeled inside his room
[ the wii was encased in a stand along with a lcd screen and a dvd player]

unfortunately the stand was make out of strong metal with the nintendo name stamped into the metal. and also the wii name on the very top of the stand. I couldn't get into it as hard as I tried and it was way to big for someone to "borrow" it

This package was produced by nintendo for the hospitals..even the switch for switching between the wii and dvd player has the nintendo name on the back.

we turned it on and was met by a new menu screen.
The menu screen was a side scrolling wii games menu of 20 games.

you would just point to the game you wish to play and Press "A" ..then into the game you go.

needless to say I was totally consumed on how to get into the stand without any tools....

The only thing I could do was use a flash light to look through the ventilation grills......

I could see that the wii had extra holes in the case with different wires coming out and going here and there... the usb port was used...the was No hdd visible inside the stand so I can only think that it was where the original dvd drive used to be.

This probably marks a changing point with wii development...as it is only a matter of time ..before 1 of these will end up in "certain proper hands"

After doing some research locally... apparently about 40 of these portable units were received by all our local hospitals less than 2 weeks ago... by nintendo and the starlight foundation for the youth sections of the hospitals

The_Ultimate_Eggman
September 16th, 2008, 21:42
Hope one of these gets out in the wild to be reverse engineered..

mcdougall57
September 16th, 2008, 23:02
Hackers could reek havok if they got ahold of one.

ICE
September 16th, 2008, 23:19
Hope one of these gets out in the wild to be reverse engineered..

I dont..

souLLy
September 16th, 2008, 23:34
Awesome. I want one!

Eviltaco64
September 16th, 2008, 23:52
Wow, very nice!
Although, I'm pretty sure that it will cause even more piracy.

jrsmaster411
September 17th, 2008, 00:03
The only way I could see this getting out is if some heartless person steals one from a hospital

AuroEdge
September 17th, 2008, 01:17
Not necessarily a HDD. Could be some sort of internal storage or maybe even a disc changer?

theotherfreakyguy
September 17th, 2008, 03:32
Oh man! I want one of those, that would rock!

guymelef
September 17th, 2008, 05:21
Hold your horses people.

I agree, the ability to have many images loadable from the dashboard is enticing to everyone in the homebrew community, but (now for the nay-saying) I think that the big N would have made the necessary hardware a little obscure.

The scene has made astounding fetes before, (I am continuously amazed by the PSP/ps2 homebrew scene) I think this might prove to be tougher than ever, but it may have something to do with the N64 games in the hotel rooms as well.