PDA

View Full Version : Which Homebrew is the best?

PCKid
December 14th, 2005, 01:36
Just bought the Mario Karting/Silver DS bundle after getting bored with the PSP. Mario Karting and Animal Crossing are soooo much fun. If money is no object what is THE BEST card/cart combo to get? For homebrew/DS Carts etc. Looking at the multitude of choices available the M3 seems to be the best at US$89 plus a memory card. But advice would be appreciated. :confused:

Joe88
December 17th, 2005, 06:33
How could you get board with the PSP ? Theres soo much hombrew for it.

Omatic
December 18th, 2005, 19:19
The PSP still gets boring after a while. Games crashing and stuff gets too annoying for me to rely on it as a continuous source of gaming for homebrew. Plus, my memory card needed a format just a while ago, so I'm done with it for now anyway.

scrabbus
December 19th, 2005, 10:01
I sold mine, I couldnt be arsed with it after about 2 weeks, 3 good games and the rest crap ports, I know I bought them DOH!! it has potential but I already have a ps2 I dont want the same games thats why i stuck with the ds as my handheld of choice

PCKid
December 20th, 2005, 01:44
Well guys I didn't get much help on my thread? Is M3 the best if you want to spend the money?

kyleF
December 20th, 2005, 02:10
From the research I've done it seems that the M3 adapter is the one best prepared for all the uses you may have. Maybe its cause the M3 is too new, but I heard complaints of other card setups for different reasons, and from the description the M3 claims to be workable with homebrew, emulators, video, mp3 without any software updates (it seems).
Perhaps Im way off, just trying to help and also I should mention this is the route I went with, I am just waiting for the M3 to come in the mail, along with my 1gig SD card.

Also the M3 adapter says it requires no patching for gba games, (not familiar with that since all mine are on my xbox) which seems like another good aspect.

thaive
December 21st, 2005, 06:23
supercard is good to - regular software updates and cheaper than m3

Polymira
December 25th, 2005, 09:43
how well does the movie player adapter as a CF adapter?