PDA

View Full Version : First 2.01 Homebrew Game Ported By PSP 3D

wraggster
December 14th, 2005, 07:10
PSP3D (http://psp3d.com/showthread.php?t=874) have released the first homebrew game runing on 2.01 firmware, heres the info:

"That's right. From Hello World yesterday, to Tetris today. We at PSP 3D have successfully ported the first 2.01 game EVER. Thanks to Fanjita for the tips and for the wonderful GTA hack (props to all the people who helped him too). In the next few days, expect this and more games to be ported to 2.5 also (if and when we get SYSCALs working)."

To install, use the same exact steps as the Hello World.

Download and screenshot via the comments:

wraggster
December 14th, 2005, 07:17
The installation is the exact same as the Hello World code, simply copy the correct savegame folder to \PSP\SAVEDATA. For US versions, the folder is “ULUS10041S0”, for EU versions the folder is “ULES00151S0”.

jwilds73
December 14th, 2005, 07:21
So the GTA Cheat Hack has made it possible to run Homebrew on 2.01 and above now? Looks like the PSP is going to stay in the Homebrew business for awhile still. I might actually go out and buy some new games once this is all running right. Sony is only shooting themselves in the foot by forcing customers to decide between Homebrew and official software.

gotmilk0112
December 14th, 2005, 11:40
does this work with all games or just GTA? :( me wanna play tetris! :(

i hope they port one of the Snes9x PSP emulators!!!

but does this really work with other games? what is in the "GTA Exploit"?

pepegomez
December 14th, 2005, 12:16
it works with gta only at the moment. the hack allows u to play external programs by loading it as a save game

gotmilk0112
December 14th, 2005, 12:27
oh. :( i dont have GTA and never will cuz i dont want it :( wouldn't want to waste the money now when in a few days / a couple weeks or so they will port it to all games or make a downgrader. :(

Fanjita
December 14th, 2005, 13:17
oh. :( i dont have GTA and never will cuz i dont want it :( wouldn't want to waste the money now when in a few days / a couple weeks or so they will port it to all games or make a downgrader. :(

This can't be done for all games, it's a GTA-specific hack.

It's also extremely unlikel to result in a downgrader.

Possibly there will be other hacks for other games - but this isn't a method that can be used generically, probably every new game that can be used like this will require weeks of work - so don't expect too many.

one winged angel
December 14th, 2005, 15:51
damn I thought maybe there comes a downgrader

jimjamjahaa
December 14th, 2005, 16:24
i thought r* might have left plenty of holes in the game for executing code. they are nice people. hopefully this game, or some other game in the future will allow an eboot loader to be run through it. then there would be absolutely nothing (short of hard coding a hack in to the firmware to stop the specific game) sony could do to prevent homebrew because the eboot would be loaded through a legit piece of software.

*dreams*

bill00000
December 14th, 2005, 17:03
That's too bad. I really thought we were going to get a kernel mode eboot loader.

Chackan
December 14th, 2005, 17:36
Humm, i thought a loader would be possible too!

redsky723
December 14th, 2005, 19:16
I just tryed this then on my 2.01 and it went to a black screen, then turned itself off. Anyone else tryed?

YourStillWithMe
December 14th, 2005, 19:31
Does this hack just work on the 2.01? I have a 2.00 and tried it and it DID not work . . . (the Hello World!)

This is great news but if you think about it Sony is just going to make yet another firmware version and we will be faced with the same issue yet again. Our best bet is to stop cracking stuff because than sony will strike back with another firmware and history will just repeat itself. Think back to BEFORE the downgrader. Things were soooooo much better, bypassing 1.51 and 1.52 were simple and the WAB version changer was golden! Version changers worked, Sony wasn't threatened to get a lot of ISOS being run, and not a lot of people knew about the hacking scene. (in general) I hate to admit this but all this cracking of new firmwares is going to make everything worse. The downgrade (even though extremeley in demand and useful!) really made Sony wake up and realize the seriousness of what was happenign to there system. Basically in a sense-everything we crack, and figure out sony is gonna "tighten" that security up and make matters worse for the scene. No offence but the downgrade was a horrible idea. . . it destroyed everything.

P.S-Why in the hell would anyone have a 2.01 system? I don't think there being shipped yet and if you WANTED to upgrade to 2.01. . . .well thats stupid. However, if you didnt know about the homebrew scene than I understand completely.

saint
December 14th, 2005, 19:46
:confused: most people who have 2.01 have bought it in the uk as all over here now are shipped with that firmware - so i think that answers you p.s. question.

i want to run homebrew but cant yet , i dont want to run isos, if i want a game i would go buy it, because if you dont buy originals you dont get more consoles or games released, simple fact. cant wait for a downgrader for 2.01 there are some gba and megadrive/genesis games i would love to play all on one portable system.

scarface350
December 14th, 2005, 21:45

GTA has LUA scripts.......... Remember that...............

Romi
December 14th, 2005, 21:48
That's too bad. I really thought we were going to get a kernel mode eboot loader.
Who said we wont?!
GTA: LCS runs in Kernel Mode, doesnt it?

If yes, a Eboot-Loader will hopefully be soon aviable^^

Romi

MaxSMoke
December 14th, 2005, 21:49
I ordered a white Japanese PSP and it come with Firmware 2.01 installed. It was depressing, but then again, I bought it as a 2nd PSP specifically to run games that required higher firmware. I keep the homebrew on my 1.50 US PSP. If you can afford it, it's the best way to go until better firmware hacks (or new Homebrew Firmware) comes out.

Although, this new form of cracking from inside the game might be an "Invincible" hack. After all, Sony *HAS* to let games run, even old PSP games. And once the game boots up, there's no way to turn off the game's access to the system. The Door is unlocked and wide open, they can't close it again. Even the strongest vault with the best locks are useless if you can talk the guy holding the keys into letting you inside.

Just a thought, but what if the savegame hack started up a Eboot loader? I understand that the Savegame code executer can't do alot by itself, but if it could run another program that could take back system resources and remove the game's code that started it, then you'd only need to load up one Savegame, just once. After that, you'd have an unprotected system you could run anything on until the machine was reset again. It would be kinda of an "GTA-Unloader", removing GTA's resources in favor of a cleaner and completely open system.

Sharkey
December 14th, 2005, 22:11
great news, its nice to see sonys firmwares get shot down the tube.
take that you bastards. :D

I ordered a white Japanese PSP and it come with Firmware 2.01 installed. It was depressing, but then again, I bought it as a 2nd PSP specifically to run games that required higher firmware. I keep the homebrew on my 1.50 US PSP. If you can afford it, it's the best way to go until better firmware hacks (or new Homebrew Firmware) comes out.

yeah i just bought a second psp today, it came with 1.51 but i upgraded it to 2.0 with the gtalsc disc.
i love my homebrew but i had already gotten gtalsc the day it was released,
before i learned you couldnt play it with my 1.5.

so im happy now except this one has 5 more dead pixels than my 1.5. :mad: