PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo fixes DS with one bad pixel !

wraggster
December 7th, 2004, 09:47
Setting an example for any manufacturer that sells anything with an LCD screen on it, Nintendo is actually following through on its promises, and is repairing or replacing any new DS portable game console with even a single dead pixel (most manufacturers won’t offer a replacement or repair unless there is a minimum of three or four dead pixels). Even more amazing, some people are reporting that it only took a warranty fulfillment center four days to repair and return their DS to them.[br]

forgetmenot
December 10th, 2004, 10:11
I dont have any but if i get any will they fix mine for free?

Kron
December 10th, 2004, 12:14
Dead pixels don't occur over time, You either have them or not.

Alexvrb
December 10th, 2004, 12:46
AFAIK they're not the first to have a no-tolerance policy for LCDs. But maybe for moibles, I don't know. Wraggs, what do they count as dead pixels? Always-off (black, unlit)? Always on solid color? Both?

Dead pixels don't occur over time, You either have them or not.That's usually true. But you can have LCDs develop problems. My buddy's LCD monitor had a pixel die (stuck unlit), right in the middle of his screen, and he has to live with it. Sometimes "dead" pixels will even start working again, although this is rare. I don't think their policy will cover stuff like that though, because you can't prove that it didn't happen as a result of abuse.

forgetmenot
December 13th, 2004, 10:27
i c . thats good news for me