PDA

View Full Version : Gothic 3

wraggster
September 17th, 2008, 19:57
Newly released today:

http://image1.play-asia.com/170/7s/pa.140223.2.jpg

With invading Orcs enslaving the human kingdom, only a handful of rebels remain hiding in the forests and mountains of Midland. Choose between joining the rebellion or serve the Orcish Usurpers, but you will ultimately tip the scales and decide the outcome of the last war to save humanity.

Gothic III provides a living world where the players can freely choose the way they want to play; whether exploring the world and enjoying its rich and enchanted atmosphere or following a darker path, and even ultimately destroying it. Every choice and action the player makes will directly echo and affect the world of Gothic, creating a life-like environment and allowing for complex character interaction.

http://www.play-asia.com/SOap-23-83-2pz-71-7s-49-en-84-j-70-3073.html

wolfpack
September 18th, 2008, 02:06
In america, this game has been out since when Metal Gear Solid: Portable Ops was released for the psp.

Now i have my own copy, and i gotta say, its EXTREMELY buggy without the latest patches. You could literally go into a town full of orcs at a low level and wipe them all out. But if you see a pack of wolves or wild boar, youre pretty much screwed. The graphics are great, but the framerate at the games mediocre requirements are LAGGY.

For me this game was a disappointment, theres community patches and official patches out there, which I have yet to try, and im willing to re-install the game to give any new patches a shot (i installed the latest patches when i bought it a couple years ago and it wasnt too good...) I was hoping to have an Oblivion experience.....more like i wanted to crush this game into oblivion --_--

anyways thats just my two cents, find a demo before you buy it, dont be like me and figure it out the hardway.

Edit: Gothic 1 and 2 are great games, i just made the assumption that this game was going to be better than both of those combined. I was wrong, so remember kiddies, dont make assumptions about a sequel before it comes out!!