PDA

View Full Version : PS2Amiga v1.0

wraggster
December 15th, 2005, 18:02
A new Amiga Emulator has been released by Titan (http://amigamuseum.commodore.fr/) for the PS2 cant tell you how good it is but if your interested the download is a staggering 493MB, godknows whats in the ISO but thats massive, download via the link above:P

Repzak
January 25th, 2006, 20:15
Amazing that this has generated no more notice - here or anywhere else on the net? Unfortunately my french is almost non-existant, so I'll just have to take my chances and use trial and error. Downloading the package now - it looks very interesting - and will report back here on what I find :)

Repzak
January 26th, 2006, 00:23
Ok. Some impressions:

First of all it seems this is the same compiled elf as in PS2UAE by Ole. This is a shame, because this is really the area where work needs to be done on this.

This package, however, does bring something - and that is ease of installation, and ease of use. Burning and using this compilation was easy as pie, and it even runs well from HDD - including loading adf (game) files directly from the HDD installed image.

Compatibility, however, was not top-notch, as could be expected/feared. In particular older games with inventive loaders by the groups that cracked them compressing multi disk games into fewer disks seems to be a big no-go. The games that run runs well though - graphics runs smoothly and without noticable skipping.

Sound, however, is quite bad. I understand Ole had only included sound experimentally in his original compile, but part of the allure of the Amiga is it's sound and music, and there is little point in being able to enable sound when the result inevitably stutters and skips constantly - causing frustration rather than pleasure.

If the sound output could just be improved sufficiently this package would be purest gold. As it is it's really mostly for strategy games where you can manage without sound. Supercars II, Speedball 2, Rodland and all the other arcade style games just don't work well without working sound.

Ease-of-use: 10
Graphics: 9
Sound: 2
Compatibility: 5
Overall: 7

My poor french sufficed to tell me that the author apparently has mothballed further development on a v2.0 of this package - mostly due to the lack of attention and interest in this version. That's a shame, because I can't be the only old amiga user that would like to be able to play with the ease of this setup on my TV.

Bornholm
May 3rd, 2006, 09:07
I think the links is dead. Does anyone know of a new link where i can get "ps2amiga" disc