PDA

View Full Version : Visual Boy Advance GX v1.0.1 - GBA Emulator for Gamecube and Nintendo Wii

wraggster
September 18th, 2008, 19:06
Tantric (http://code.google.com/p/vba-wii/) has released a new version of the Game Boy Advance emulator for the Nintendo Wii and Nintendo Gamecube, heres whats new:

[[What's New 1.0.1]
* GBA games now run at full speed
* Menu improvements, with spiffy new background - thanks brakken!
* Fixed L/R buttons - they work now

Features
Wiimote, Nunchuk, Classic, and Gamecube controller support
Custom controller configurations
SD / USB support
SRAM & State saving
MEM2 ROM Storage for fast access
Auto frame skip for those core heavy games
Notes from the Developer
ZIP/DVD/SMB/GameCube Memory Card support are NOT implemented yet. The current build does NOT have adjustable frameskip. Frameskipping is set to 'AUTO' and cannot be changed. While speed is generally near perfect, sound tends to rebuffer as a result of frameskipping, so in-game music may suffer as a result, sounding like a CD-skipping. This does not occur with Gameboy Color games or original Gameboy games, which do not use the frameskip function.

Installation
If you are using the Homebrew Channel just copy the apps directory from the archive to the root of your SD card. If you are using another loader use the executables/vbagx_wii.dol.
ROMs & saves files should be stored in vbagx/roms and vbagx/saves on the root of your SD card or USB flash drive. You can copy the vbagx directory from the archive to your support drive. Your ROMs must be in ".gba" format.
Launch the emulator using your Loader.

Download and Give feedback Via Comments

BlueMonkey
September 19th, 2008, 00:35
This update will shut everyone up. :D

m_jay
September 19th, 2008, 02:39
Well, this update just give me a good reason to download the app.

whYeNQue
September 30th, 2008, 20:34
i just tried this out... was playing wario land 4, i thought i might get a feel for wario land again before i get the shake dimension...

when i completed a bit of the game i exited (i presumed it auto saved the sram as i had set it in the settings) then i also attempted to save the state just incase... and then exited the application via the menus and switched off my wii

next time i booted up my wii, i loaded the vbagx homebrew again, but wario land 4 wouldnt load (an error flashed too quickly on the screen for me to read) so i took out the sd card again and put it in the computer...

the problem is now that the sd card has become read only. i cant delete or write to the card (no error messages come up, it just wont work). windows is unable to format the card, and SDformat v2 says that the card has the write lock on (but it doesnt, i've tried it both ways)

i noticed someone else on another forum complaining they couldnt save their game in this emulator... i fear they may have the same problem as me...

matt678
September 30th, 2008, 22:34
Cool update, thanks. Games work pretty well, the menu flickers though, I'm using a pal television so that might be the problem

hawkeye2777
October 2nd, 2008, 23:25
It flickers on my TV too; and I'm NTSC. That's the only annoying/bad part I've encountered so far, otherwise great release by Tantric overall. I'm looking forward to this getting even better.