PDA

View Full Version : Where can I puchase hardware ?

F34R
December 16th, 2005, 02:37
I am looking at getting into the DC again. I had a launch box back in the day, but I can't seem to find it. I've found all my old games, keyboard, and hookups. I can't, for the life of me, find my freakin' DC though.

I need a sure fire way of getting a homebrew capable DC, in excellent working condition. I've tried ebay, and am awaiting pics of the bottom of the consoles in each auction. If someone else could suggest any other methods of obtaining a compatible DC, I'd be very grateful.

Also, what price should I expect to pay for the system ?

Thanks for your time.

***** U P D A T E *****
Well, I bought a compatible (homebrew) model from ebay. Paid $41.00 US with $12 s/h + ins. So $53.00. It comes with two controllers, 4 games, and all the hookups. The seller was very helpful with posting all the information about the system. It's reported to work great, and it great visual condition as well. I should receive it in 4-5 days. I paid for it immediately via PayPal. Now I need two VMUs lol.

ptr.exe
December 20th, 2005, 20:50
DC's are getting cheaper on eBay, expect to pay about £15 shipped with no games/box but with all leads and in good working order.

I have four DC's all bought for less than £10 each, two of those cost only £4 each. One was only £6 shipped from eBay just for the console, that is probably what you should look out for.

Why do you want pictures? just ask them to look at the silver sticker, next to where it says PAL there is a number in the circle, if its 0 or 1 then the DC will be okay with CD-R and therefore homebrew.

Welcome back to the Dreamcast scene :)

edit: didnt see your edit, you can pretty much ignore my post now :p

F34R
December 23rd, 2005, 14:14
Lol.. I read your entire post, then saw your edit lol. It should be here today ! I had found one for about $20 cheaper, but he wouldnt give me a description or pic of what was on the bottom. He did say it was a launch console, and it great working order. However, the lady I purchased from went the extra mile, and gave a huge description of the bottom of the console as well as very nice pics. She went out of her way to get me the info I needed. She had 20 something bids before mine, and still only received an extra dollar for her troubles.

ptr.exe
December 23rd, 2005, 22:46
I had something similar with buying a Sega Saturn recently from eBay. I wanted a specific model, however with the Saturn you need to open it up to be sure it has the correct IC next to the CD assembly, only one of the dozen or so eBay sellers I asked actually checked for me and they described it in great detail, and the item arrived extremely quickly. If only more eBay sellers were like that.