PDA

View Full Version : A virus free totalnewbieeasyinstaller

Rimmerlad
September 18th, 2008, 21:55
I just got everything i need to put custom firmware on my psp slim. I'm a noob and found a couple of guides. The problem is that I can't find a copy of the totalnewbieeasyinstaller that doesnt have a trojan virus in the start.exe. The only link that I can find is on Qj.net, I emailed them and they said that they can't do anything about it.
Does anyone have the clean files or is there another way to put the custom firmware on the psp slim, am pretty lost here. Would really appreciate some help.
Thanks

NoQuarter
September 19th, 2008, 00:38
Well,
You don't need those silly installers,lol, or windoze to do this.
I assume you have a pandora (absolutely necessary).
Just use the README from M33 and your fine.
Those installers are lame IMHO,they make you lazy too.CFW is easy to install with a pandora.The installers just put files in the right places and give you a nasty trojan, but hey who doesn't want to be part of something bigger than themselves...
A BOTNET!

Rimmerlad
September 19th, 2008, 15:13
Ah right, thanks for that. I'll start looking around now for M33. Have seen references to it online but didn't know what it was.

Rimmerlad
September 19th, 2008, 15:36
Oh, forgot to say, the official firmware on my psp is 3.71. Does that matter at all, like will I have to go for a specific CFW. Like I said, I'm pretty clueless with all this.