PDA

View Full Version : PSP-HTTPD v0.2 Web Server

wraggster
December 17th, 2005, 09:36
Elxx has released a new version of his Web Server app for the PSP, heres whats new:

Chunk size no longer internally set as 1024
Default chunk size increased from 512 to 1024
File transfer error correction improved considerably, transfer rates of 20KB/s + usable now without frequent corruption
MIME type checking no longer case-sensitive, so files such as test.HtMl will still display
File size added to files in directory view
When browsing a directory with an index.htm file, the index.htm will be shown instead of directory listing

Download via comments:

Kloe
December 17th, 2005, 13:56
so what does this webserver do? I'm unsure what it's all about.

VFerg
December 17th, 2005, 14:53
pretty much instead of connecting your psp to your computer you can connect to it through your home or work wifi spot and then using your computers web browser access your psp from it and look at all your files on the psp and download them to computer if you wanted to as well. Pretty neat and cool program, but I like it the other way around to have my PC become the server and host all its files instead, like this other program only for ver 2.0 psp's (since it has a browser most likely) called HFS. But still since this program was created from scratch for the psp this guy gets more credit, the other one was created for windows but works on the psp and mods were created to make it seem like it was meant for the psp. anyway though its cool to be able to transfer files back and forth without worrying about getting up and going to the computer to get anything, and is one of my favorite and most used utility for the psp.