PDA

View Full Version : Fallout Over the Back Up Loader

wraggster
September 19th, 2008, 22:52
Well having just spent an hour or so reading comments between the sites who host the piracy loader of waninkokos, i find it amusing the amount of bitching between sites, apparently someone at GBAtemp uploaded the file and then it was newspost and sent as a newspost to every tech site for maximum effect, then the next wave of sites posted the release including some sites that boast to be anti piracy and now funny of all the same sites and their users/staff are calling GBA Temp for leaking it.

This to me is hilarious, i really dont care about those sites because its damn obvious that they arent part of any true homebrew scene but you cant be calling sites for leaking a release and then host it yourself. The simple matter is that you are as bad as them. Infact take for example stealing, the police will actually hand out more severe punishment for those handling stolen goods, i know thats not really a good example but you should get what i mean. Im still interested to hear from the HackMii Team, going to be an interesting time for the Wii scene.

Brainy142
September 19th, 2008, 23:02
Go DCEMU for not hosting the file

qwerty11
September 20th, 2008, 00:00
No matter how much our opinions differ, ones things for sure.... we can ALL agree with this.

VVVV

http://img371.imageshack.us/img371/9599/piracyjq1.png

Anyone who compares piracy to stealing is 100% retarded. Stealing removes the original.

qwerty11
September 20th, 2008, 00:04
Go DCEMU for not hosting the file

Really? So wait, they can host emulators which are BLATANTLY used for playing "pirated" roms but when it comes to hosting a backup loader their genna take some moral high ground.

Its all the same shit, a backup loader is hardly going to DeStRoY NINTENDO!!!11!

vicious1988
September 20th, 2008, 00:05
Yarg!

(This is, by far, the most useless post I have ever made...ANYWHERE!)

Solidsnake3000
September 20th, 2008, 00:54
We will see what happens to the scene.

oligore
September 20th, 2008, 01:13
Waninkoko has now stopped development because of the leak and says he won't be releasing a version.

brasssmunky
September 20th, 2008, 01:22
i feel very out of the loop with this backup loader
what is it?
how does it work?
what does it allow you to do?

NoQuarter
September 20th, 2008, 01:25
arr, me tink:

push down, pop up.

brasssmunky
September 20th, 2008, 01:52
im confused, what?

Harshboy
September 20th, 2008, 02:22
I have the Rev5 IOS and ISO Loader on my Wii and I tested it and can confirm it works.

I don't know why someone would leak it, but it works. Needs some bugs fixed but that won't ever happen so meh.

kevenz
September 20th, 2008, 03:21
who knows that it won't ever happen?

agenericperson
September 20th, 2008, 03:54
I'm confused. I don't remember DCemu making such a big deal when Dreamcast backups started being played on CD-Rs. Maybe, I've got it all wrong and it's just been too long for me to remember.

I discovered homebrew via this site. I never knew homebrew on a console was feasible. I don't know where I discovered how I could back up my Dreamcast games but I was never against it. Some people abuse it. Some don't. Some people drink and drive. So let's all stop driving. There'll be less deaths.

The moral of the story: it's okay to advertise modchips to backup games (for a price) but it's not okay to advertise a program to backup games (for free).

Baboon
September 20th, 2008, 09:21
I'm confused. I don't remember DCemu making such a big deal when Dreamcast backups started being played on CD-Rs. Maybe, I've got it all wrong and it's just been too long for me to remember.

I discovered homebrew via this site. I never knew homebrew on a console was feasible. I don't know where I discovered how I could back up my Dreamcast games but I was never against it. Some people abuse it. Some don't. Some people drink and drive. So let's all stop driving. There'll be less deaths.

The moral of the story: it's okay to advertise modchips to backup games (for a price) but it's not okay to advertise a program to backup games (for free).

Yeah its sort of a grey area on here. lol

KaliKot
September 20th, 2008, 10:04
The Moral is that its NOT good to post leaked homebrew software (usually) not that modchip analogy you're talking about

____anders____
September 21st, 2008, 00:03
The Moral is that its NOT good to post leaked homebrew software (usually) not that modchip analogy you're talking about

yea.. not good to leak waninkoko's stuff.. :p