PDA

View Full Version : Nintendo to Fix any DS pixel Problems

wraggster
November 23rd, 2004, 10:06
Dead pixels. That's the name for those annoying little spots you get on an LCD screen that stay stuck on a particular colour for all eternity, thereby ruining your life.[br]A couple of unlucky DS owners in the US (although they're not that unlucky - they could be waiting until next March for their fancypants touchscreen handheld, like some people) have reported that their brand new system screen already has one or two dead spots on it.[br][br]Fear not, though, for Nintendo has been quick to voice their commitment to resurrecting those dead pixels, for free, since any affected DS is clearly still under 1 year warranty. In a statement issued on Nintendo's US customer service website yesterday they said:[br][br]"With a small number of Nintendo DS screens, one or two dots on the screen may appear to be "stuck" on a particular color, such as white or red. This effect is caused when a particular pixel (the dots that make up the screen) is not working properly, even with the high quality standards set by LCD manufacturers. You will find this situation is common in many LCD devices, (PC monitors, televisions, cell phones, etc.). [br][br]"It's important to understand that this issue will remain limited to the pixels you have already noticed. The problem will not get any worse and you should not expect to see the problem in any other areas of the screen. [br][br]"We suggest that you use your system for a few weeks to determine whether this interferes with your enjoyment of game play. If, after using your system for awhile, you feel that this tiny dot is too distracting, the Nintendo DS does carry a one-year warranty. We are happy to inspect and, if necessary, fix your system at no charge within the warranty period."[br][br]Good old Nintendo. If that "tiny dot" really is getting on your nerves they'll fix the little bugger(s) up for free.

unruhbrady
November 26th, 2004, 18:11
I got 2 :(

Zaneblade
December 1st, 2004, 16:30
get it fixed then!!

Rufus
December 1st, 2004, 21:27
Most definately get it fixed (after showing off the DS)...

I while back I had picked up a 17" panel and took it back seeking an exhange as there was a couple bad pixels... the dude said "you have to expect a certain percentage of bad pixels" and wouldn't exchange it... but did after I told him that I'd want my money back since I was within their 7 day return policy :)

Zaneblade
December 2nd, 2004, 01:31
well nintendo are so nice they will do it with 1 of 2!!!

forgetmenot
December 2nd, 2004, 10:10
i have had my ds for about a few weeks and i dont have any dead pixels :) but what do i do if i get some?