PDA

View Full Version : Firmware Loading with MPH Help!

YourStillWithMe
December 18th, 2005, 21:53
I need help with the firmware loaders!

How do i set it up so I can launch the firmwares? (I'm using the 1.37 MPH launcher)

I have the firmware processor and tired to have that program do the file organizing for me and i just dont where everything goes. I have read numerous readmes and can't figure it out!

If i could just have it wirrten out like this

X/data/cert blah blah blah files

x/out/blah blah blah
etc etc than im golden! you dont have to name EACH individ file just like where the .prx's go, where the bin files go, etc. etc.

Also-if i load up the 2.01 firmware lets say for example can I revert it back to my 1.50? I dont want to like lose my firmware haha

also is the RISK HIGH for using firmware loaders because i know it obviously writes to the flash and maybe i shouldnt even try this yet. . .

idapimp
February 7th, 2006, 01:12
all you have to do to use your old firmware is press L+R+START and itll quit the firmware. it actually doesnt do any writing to the flash. it runs the firmware of the memstick. the firmware is all emulated. the is no risk. unlees your an idiot and you for some rerason install the higher firmware the way sony wants to do it. then there is a risk. but hopefully no one is that dumb.