PDA

View Full Version : PSP Emulator for the Year (You Choose)

wraggster
December 19th, 2005, 02:21
What a year and well we have seen some great releases for the scene but lets look at all the releases and have a friendly discussion about what was the killer Emulator released this year?

Hmm sure is a tough one but the one that impressed me the most was PSP Genesis followed closely by Snes_TYL but im a massive 16bit emulation fan.

Whats your favourite Emulator of this year ;)

answers via the comments

blondieboi
December 19th, 2005, 02:22
I would have to agree the PSP Genesis was quit amazing along with the SNES_TYL

JoshM248
December 19th, 2005, 02:32
SnesTYL

Chackan
December 19th, 2005, 02:43
Dgen was way better than Pspgenesis!

Festizzio
December 19th, 2005, 02:45
NeocdPSP.

Zaibach333
December 19th, 2005, 03:34
the SnesTYL I would have to say. one efficient emulator.

with sound off that thing beats the crap out of the dgen on framerate.

besides, all the adventure, rpg, and side scrollers for snes made it a bit more worth it for those long drives

andrewgabriel77
December 19th, 2005, 03:57
snes rocks...i love rpgs

MaxSMoke
December 19th, 2005, 04:46
How can you choose between PSP Genesis and SnesTYL? It's like trying to pick between the SNES and Genesis. Both emulators work perfectly and are very impressive.

Of course, that Wireless play for the Gamegear emulator is just about the coolest thing I've ever heard of. Too bad the Gamegear itself kinda sucks. I'd give my vote up to the first SNES or Genesis emulator that can do that trick!

Onetonbullet
December 19th, 2005, 04:51
SnesPSP_TYL or Rin

indstr
December 19th, 2005, 05:18
NeocdPSP (is such a perfect emulator)
newest version of Dgen is very good

Insane1
December 19th, 2005, 05:39
RIN. Because playing Gameboy games on such an advanced system, with the original game and system sitting next to you is priceless! :P

ace3093
December 19th, 2005, 05:45
NeoCD hands down for me! Amazing! I hope NeoAES will be soon.

whitey75
December 19th, 2005, 05:59
PSP Genesis 1.5 sounds really good but has anyone actually got it to work on a PSP 1.5. Mine keeps saying cannot run game.

Same with MAME. Anyone got it working on a 1.5.

Anyway my vote is for the C64PSP. Usuability is awesome. While Vice runs a few more games generally it seems to run a bit slower. Bit more tweaking and the abilty to save games to the disk image and this will be the best out there.

Cheers

jaggededge
December 19th, 2005, 06:31
im still using UO Snes9x PSP as i havent finished FF3 on there yet (soon to update to SnesPSP_TYL, but im jw...whats the major dif with that and SnesPSP_TYL?

sgamemu22
December 19th, 2005, 07:23
I havent tested SnesPSP_TYL, Ive been using the official Snes9x, since thats the only emu that can run return of double dragon for me. I also like the dgen, rin, smsplus 1.2, and nesterJ.

T-2000
December 19th, 2005, 10:10
NeocdPSP (is such a perfect emulator)
newest version of Dgen is very good

theres my vote, though getting Neocd to work was a pain... :)

SmashinGit
December 19th, 2005, 10:25
Well it has been quite a year regarding the emulators that have been released. I remember when Snes9x was in its infancy and could just run Yoshi's Island at about 3 or 4 frames, I was so amazed. Then PspGenesis came along and what a remarkable emulator that was from the very beginning. Hearing the Sega logo on Sonic 1 was another great moment. I could sit here and type about all the emulators, they all did something very special, like Rin and the excellent work Mr. Marakichi did in developing this emulator, from a tiny little square on the display to fullscreen, amazing.

After thinking about this my vote would have to goto NeocdPSP. Metal Slug on my psp is just awsome and something I thought would never happen. Fullscreen, sound, no slow down, have spent many hours playing this. So a big thankyou to Yoyofr and all the authors for their hard work, I can't wait for the next year. :)

Freak
December 19th, 2005, 11:38
For me.. i think it has to go to SnesPSP_TYL, and coming in a close 2nd would be PSPVice.. awesome stuff.
Keep up the excellent work guys :)

dkainer
December 19th, 2005, 11:42
I have to Agree with SmashinGit and all other NeoCDPSP voters, this thing is awesome.
I bet all those that voted for the Snes and Genesis emu's haven't checked out NeoCDPSP, otherwise they'd know :D

biocat
December 19th, 2005, 13:38
fMSX or Hue for me. fMSX is just way too cool with that styling keyboard built-in. Hue just runs awesome and has CD game support, too! You gotta love that. Coming in third I would probably go with NeoGeoCD. Arcade perfect metal Slug on the go is truly a treat.

Topknot
December 19th, 2005, 13:55
C64PSP would be my top pick.

The tyl snes release and DGEN in joint second.

so_cal_forever
December 19th, 2005, 14:57
SnesTYL hands down.

kaoss-b
December 19th, 2005, 15:09
uoSNES9x for PSP I started with v0.02y10 and finished with .02y32, excellent I think :)

ricflairandy
December 19th, 2005, 15:32
castaway for me.

But, im hoping that a new gba one will come out before new year that will be the top dog!

Mr.Modem
December 19th, 2005, 16:15
I can't really choose one emulator, there are so many good ones. But my three favourite emulators is DGen, CaSTaway and Snes9xTYL. These three emulates their systems equally good. CaSTaway is the fastest but Atari ST is on the other hand easiest to emulate. NesterJ, PSPUae, Rin and PSPScummVM are also marvelous! Cheers to the developers!

sfaok
December 19th, 2005, 17:40
For me, its pretty much a three way fight between SNES9xTYL, ScummVM PSP and Castaway. Though, ScummVM probably just edges it because I've always been a huge point 'n' click fan. So this Christmas I'll raise my wine glass to the respective authors of these and the many other great emulators. I don't think I'd have bothered with the PSP if it were not for all the great homebrew out there.

crazy_biker420
December 19th, 2005, 17:51
snes_tyl

Joe88
December 19th, 2005, 19:49
NesterJ v1.07
then PSP Genesis v0.18c
then Rin V1.32

ExxonValdeez
December 19th, 2005, 23:20
Snes_tyl all the way. That thing rocks. :)