PDA

View Full Version : Developer of the Year?

wraggster
December 19th, 2005, 02:31
Who is the Developer of the year in the PSP Scene, whos the one whos contribution to the scene gave us what we have today, looking around you have to look at people like Nem, Fanjita but there are so many more, for me it has to be Nem because without him it wouldnt have started so really he is the man, but who gets you praise for the Developer of the year ?

answer via the comments (thats it for questions tonight)

Zaibach333
December 19th, 2005, 03:38
I'm trying to remember the guys name. I think he accually died of canser a month back. the man responsible for all of the emulation development beyond japan.

1.5 exploit. started with a two memory card trick if you all would recall

andrewgabriel77
December 19th, 2005, 03:58
fanjita...i love the 2.0 eboot loader

RedKing14CA
December 19th, 2005, 04:13
PSmonkey, McZonk

PSmonkey
December 19th, 2005, 04:13
ME!!! for my 3d Bsp Viewer. :p

I kid I kid

kyus
December 19th, 2005, 04:50
Can almost bet that annoying french dork that faked everything will nominate himself for real. I never have and never will run anything to do with SXT.

My nomination goes to Sougen. PSPGenesis was the best emu on psp for so long. Only now has dgen caught up with it.

I Like to win games. Thus I cheat. and Dgen has cheats ;)

jaggededge
December 19th, 2005, 06:19
My vote goes torwards the kxploit guy who died a month ago aswell.

Zaibach333
December 19th, 2005, 07:47
amen

yudonomi
December 19th, 2005, 08:49
My vote has to go to Humma Kavula for UMD Emulator, with honorable mention to Bram Cohen for his unquestionably essential contribution to the scene. ;-)

MaxSMoke
December 19th, 2005, 09:03
Humma was high on my list, but since he's bailed, I'd have to throw it in for Raf and his PSP-Radio! That's just the coolest thing I've ever seen a PSP do. Since Humma abandon the PSP Scene, he's kinda fallen from my list of PSP Coders I worship. Raf and PSP-Radio are still going strong. I'm hoping Raf can soon add support for Shoutcast's search engine, that's just about the only thing it's missing is the ablity to find new stations and bookmark them. And the ablity to alter the Graphical and 3D interfaces, that'd be great! I'm a 3D artist, so I could do some really wicked things with that.

krono
December 19th, 2005, 09:18
fanjita he give some hope to the 2.X users with is hello world and the eboot loader is great too

T-2000
December 19th, 2005, 10:14
All of them ! after all without them nothing would have been possible..

maybe the coder that coded the flaw in the psp with that overflow.tif thingy...

Zaibach333
December 19th, 2005, 11:03
who was the guy who made the first hello world for the psp 1.0?

Topknot
December 19th, 2005, 13:50
Tricky...

I'd say Fanjita, Urchin or Kristoph (sp? the guy who did vice)

Tomppa
December 19th, 2005, 14:27
1. One who made 2.0 TIF exploit
2. One who did the downgrader
3. McZonk! Don't even ask why.

PSmonkey
December 19th, 2005, 15:28
who was the guy who made the first hello world for the psp 1.0?

Nem. My Hero (since im a hobbyist coder).

crazy_biker420
December 19th, 2005, 17:48
anyone who isnt scared of making a 2.6 downgrade

Predator
December 19th, 2005, 17:57
My vote goes to Nem, he has to be the PSP GOD right now.
He has made homebrew on the PSP a reality!!
Thank You Nem!!

Shiaoran
December 19th, 2005, 18:28
the person who made Terra Incognita
it's a full port and it was made in about 3 months or less... and homebrew was just starting

wraggster
December 19th, 2005, 18:55
I suppose we must really thank the Dev Team at Sony for screwing up in the first place and leaving gaps in their code ever since :P

scarface350
December 19th, 2005, 21:53
Cyblade(man who died of cancer,RIP) Edison Carter, And BEST OF THE BEST, THE ONE AND ONLY FANJITA!!!!!!!!!! Keep up the eboot loader its going along great. I have been stuffing my PSP 2.0 with rpgs and they work while i can still play my beloved socom ( Name: [OMG]OMEGA_SCAR ) KEEP UP THE WORK F-F-F-FA-FANJITA!!!!!!

T-2000
December 19th, 2005, 23:44
I suppose we must really thank the Dev Team at Sony for screwing up in the first place and leaving gaps in their code ever since :P

yep, like i said... :)

Zaibach333
December 20th, 2005, 00:49
Cyblade, that's it

Zaibach333
December 20th, 2005, 00:49
was it cyblade?

MikeDX
December 20th, 2005, 13:37
My vote has to go to Humma Kavula for UMD Emulator, with honorable mention to Bram Cohen for his unquestionably essential contribution to the scene. ;-)

What, for dracula? :)

Fanjita
December 20th, 2005, 15:59
My vote goes to Nem, my personal hero. Without him there would be NO homebrew on the PSP, he went above-and-beyond to help produce a capability that we all take for granted today.

vaza
December 20th, 2005, 17:19
My vote goes to Nem, my personal hero. Without him there would be NO homebrew on the PSP, he went above-and-beyond to help produce a capability that we all take for granted today.

I go for nem and Fanjita, He may not notice it but he does a heck of alot to keep homebrew alive on 2.0 and Up, you are the greatest!

scarface350
December 20th, 2005, 17:54
was it cyblade? ya it was cyblade.

scarface350
December 20th, 2005, 18:06
I especially Thank CYblade Becuase before i even knew homebrew existed I was already on FW 2.0. When My uncle showed me That he could play games on 1.5 i felt stupid. ( At that Time i HAD NO UNDERSTANDING OF LUA CODING OR ANYTHING ABOUT THE PSP at that time) Then the Downgrader Came... Thats when all of it started for me... I used the downgrader and the very first game that i played was quake. At that time most of the programs were 1.0 compatible. Quake was 1.5 enabled. I tried to put other games on my new 1.5 but Thats when i learned that the tool Kxploit makes it 1.5 compatible.( i actually thought there was a 1.5 to 1.0 downgrader at that time.) Kxploit made everything Possible and as i installed more and more things on my psp My knowledge Grew and Grew and Grew to better understand The PSP. about 8 months later is when fanjita released the 2.0 eboot loader. And now here i am today playing socom while playing homewbrew. All thanks to Cyblade and Fanjita.

...to think that if i stayed with the DS i wouldve been clueless.