PDA

View Full Version : Which Version of Star Wars Unleashed Do I Buy ?

wraggster
September 21st, 2008, 19:07
I cant be the only one who has more than 1 console or access to many consoles. This week Star Wars Unleashed was released on PS3, PS2, PSP, DS, Xbox 360, Nintendo Wii and even other platforms, but out of the major platforms which system would be the best to buy it for ?

What makes my mouth water is the Wii version and the talk of using the Wiimote as a light sabre, this alone makes the Wii the favourite but is it as good as it says?

For graphics the PS3, 360 and PSP should be the sweetest to watch it on, whilst the DS with the Stylus should make for a very different gameplay aspect.

So for all of you who have played the game or are going to buy it, which console version is the one to buy ?

myuusmeow
September 21st, 2008, 19:16
I have the PSP version and it is great. Awesome ingame graphics (is that a PS2 in your pocket or are you just happy to see me), okay cut scene graphics (because you're so zoomed in compared to ingame), gameplay itself is good, a little repetitive, but it is just so much fun Sith Scorching a Stormtrooper (Press O twice) or throwing huge boulders with the power of the force (Hold /\ and use the analog nub to guide it towards huge enemies) Plus it has extra modes (Darth Vader vs. Luke? Obi Wan vs. Darth Vader (the battle where he goes into the lava and almost dies)? yes please) and I'm pretty sure its the only version with multiplayer.

I heard the DS version's control is horrible and it slows down alot, PS3/360 most say are ok, Wii version surprisingly doesn't seem that bad.

ICE
September 21st, 2008, 19:22
I have the psp version and its boring. Tedious is the word. Kill a bunch of easy to kill guys, kill a larger easy to kill guy then fight a boss. Repeat for duration of game.

It looks nice and plays okay I guess but its just too repetitive.

Archangel013
September 21st, 2008, 19:35
I have the Wii version, and it's not bad at all. The graphics aren't amazing, granted, and it doesn't have the new physics engines, but it has its own engine that emulates DMM and Euphoria (I think that's what they're called...). The control system for the Wii definitely trumps that of any other console, though.

fg-54
September 21st, 2008, 19:36
ps3 or 360 would be my guess at being the best.

oooooomonkeys
September 21st, 2008, 19:45
has to be psp, for the extra content. the one on one battles are great and its looking to be one of the best psp releases to date, graphics and gameplay are amazing.
i'll get the 360 one when it goes down in price.

Nikolaos
September 21st, 2008, 20:07
Don't get the n-gage one lol, it sucks ass.

NoQuarter
September 21st, 2008, 21:07
No offense anyone, this game sux.

I am a BIG star wars fan and am extremely disappointed by this game.

Veskgar
September 21st, 2008, 21:08
The PSP does have extra content and features which is cool but the game made my eyes want to bleed. I can't play it for too long. Its a great looking game and good controls but the camera isn't that great a lot of the time. Often my character just disappears or I lose track of where things are.

What is kinda cool about the PSP version (if you've played the console version) is the level designs are different. Very similar but the game is not an exact port or duplicate of its console big brothers. So for this reason its worth getting and playing the game on both the console of your choice AS WELL as the PSP version.

The best looking and sounding version of the PS3 version by far. And I love how the game controls with the DualShock 3 controller.

I'd say PS3 is the winner. Just my opinion.

jrsmaster411
September 21st, 2008, 21:49
The game isn't that great anyways but I'd say the ps3 version because the only good thing about this game is the story and cut scenes, and I think they look best on the ps3, ds is worst because of bad controls and no cutscenes, instead you just read dialog

mike_jmg
September 21st, 2008, 22:04
I love the PSP version, I'm on my second run through the game cause I want to upgrade everything at maximum and feel the true power of the force

I can say the ps2 version is the same as the psp version, same story and graphics (it is basically a port), I bet the one for Wii is exactly the same too.
Also the PS3 and 360 versions are exactly the same but different from the other three

So this leaves you only with 2 versions, High def and the psp version for all others.

I say get the psp version cause it has multiplayer and the historic missions are very fun. But also get one of the high def ones, either one is the same hence why I currently see no reason to own a ps3

edit: oh sorry I forgot the DS, but I think is the worst one cause you use the face buttons to move and the stylus to attack, I have no idea how can someone pull that off with just two hands

edit2: Here (http://www.gametrailers.com/player/40086.html) is the console comparison, PS3 owners try to prove me wrong (but don't get me wrong, I'm dissapointed about that fact too)

Zack
September 21st, 2008, 22:41
I got the 360 version for 15 euros :D

I think its a great game and I hate StarWars so that really says something I guess.

brunobelo
September 21st, 2008, 22:49
None of them. This game is boring and shitty. Sorry SW fans but this is a sub-game, after all, go back to playing Kotor.

gutbub
September 21st, 2008, 23:02
Well, unfortunately, the Wii version can't meet its full potential since Nintendo hasn't released the MotionPlus yet, so its out. The game isn't for PC, which sucks as my PC by far outpowers the consoles, so it's out. That only leaves my 360. Too bad I'm broke and can't buy it anyways.

jamotto
September 22nd, 2008, 01:17
PS3 or Xbox360 if you wanted great looking graphics.

PSP if you want extra content and above average graphics.

darkriku2000
September 22nd, 2008, 02:29
I have the psp version

LOVE IT!

I will probably get the 360 version also when I get my 360 back

spongmario
September 22nd, 2008, 05:01
I have played EVER SINGLE Version. Yes! EVERYONE!!! The best one that I have played is the Wii one. The Xbox and Playstation 3 one don't have duels, but the Wii one doesn't. The DS one is ok, but really quick. And the PSP one got boring to me. Get the Wii one. Trust me. I'm renting the wii one now and almost beat it. I wish I would have bought it.

hollowuk
September 22nd, 2008, 09:54
This game is the pits, doesnt really matter which format its on, the modern day counterpart of all those rubbish 2d platform games based on films from the 90s.
Plus its shitty Star Wars, who likes SW anymore?

hollowuk
September 22nd, 2008, 10:00
I have played EVER SINGLE Version. Yes! EVERYONE!!! The best one that I have played is the Wii one. The Xbox and Playstation 3 one don't have duels, but the Wii one doesn't. The DS one is ok, but really quick. And the PSP one got boring to me. Get the Wii one. Trust me. I'm renting the wii one now and almost beat it. I wish I would have bought it.

You've almost 'beat' a game on a rental, and that makes you think you should've purchased it????
And which versions have duels? None of them??
Incomprehensible babbling, fanboy nonsense.

pibs
September 22nd, 2008, 11:37
Id say 360 or PS3 and rent it, I have changed my mind after playing it a friends house about purchasing it. Save your cash for the great lineups that are coming this holiday season.

linkenski
September 22nd, 2008, 13:34
do not get it on DS. its buggy, laggy and straight out boring! you can run using d-pad, but all the attacks and even sword fighting is via touch screen. you cant do funny stuff with enemys while grabbing the with force grip! its horrible! buy for Wii or 360/PS3

____anders____
September 22nd, 2008, 15:04
i have the WII version, it's currently the best game i have!

get the wii version now!
how fun can it be to use force push when you press a button and the enemies fly away, when all you have to do is thrust your nunchuck forward?
wii version hands down!

or even the lightsaber battles, push a button and oh!.. he swings a lightsaber.. not fun at all..
but swing your own lightsaber with the wiimote! ALOT more fun:)

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2008, 18:02
I have the Wii version.
I'm picking up the PS3 version this week.
It's a good game, andI can't understand the negative reviews it's been getting.

ojdon
September 22nd, 2008, 18:46
I'd say the 360 version for the controls, cutscene, overall good looking-ness and the PSP version since it's handheld.

Broadus
September 22nd, 2008, 21:06
I've played it on the PSP and it's freaking amazing! It's like the first PSP game to be released in months that's actually worth money. It does get kind of repetitive in some levels, but the boss fights are always really epic and genuinely challenging. Aside from the fact that the game works against me when it comes to throwing stuff.
I played the XBOX 360 demo and it looked really cool. The battles are more epic than on the PSP. I assume that the PSP and PS2 versions are identical. The PSP version has completely different levels, but it's still really fun. It could have used more big battles, though, like in the 360.
The multiplayer was kind of a letdown in that it's strictly four player versus, no AI or bots or anything. They really could have used a co-op mode where the players fight against wave after wave of AI (there's a gametype like that in single player called Order 66). Even so, the multiplayer is still really awesome. My friend and I were doing 1vs1 and it was still really fun.

Zargon
September 23rd, 2008, 00:42
Haven't tried my buddy's 360 version yet, but I can vouch for the PSP version. DON"T BUY IT! The graphics are poor and the gameplay (probably about the same for all versions) is really boring. a tragic waste of what could have been.

jamotto
September 23rd, 2008, 00:52
Who would have thought this would be such a love it, hate it kind of game.

dgbbad
September 23rd, 2008, 03:55
it blows my mind that people could not like it. its short, yes. its repetitive, yes. but im playin on the ps3 and damn it i beat the game in around 6 hours, went back and collected all the extra crap i missed that i wanted, and now im having a blast just goin thru different levels and ownin up the place. the force setup in this game couldnt have been better. i cant wait to try it on the wii, i bet the controls are waay more fun (which is insane since its so much fun as is). anyone who doesnt like this game obviously never got all the skills....either that or this just isnt their type of game and they have no business judging it.

robman84
September 23rd, 2008, 21:15
Have you seen the videos of the iphone version? It looks absolutely appalling to em in terms of gameplay! Graphics are nice, sure, but the gameplay? Eurgh.