PDA

View Full Version : Wiibreaker v0.1

wraggster
September 21st, 2008, 23:15
Arikado (http://wiibrew.org/wiki/Wiibreaker) has released a new homebrew game for the Nintendo Wii:

Wiibreaker is a simple brickbreaker game I made because my artist for Wii Shooting Gallery, Azza123 said there were no brickbreaker games out for Wii homebrew. Thus, I have created Wiibreaker. In total, this first release took about two weekends to write. Work is further postponed on this game until the completion of Wii Shooting Gallery.

Once the ball falls below the screen 3 times, you lose.

Controls
LEFT and RIGHT or UP and DOWN on the wiimote to move the paddle.

HOME: Return to the menu or return to the loader from the menu

Installation
Extract the .zip directly to the inside of your apps folder

THIS GAME IS ONLY COMPATIBLE WITH THE WIIMOTE, HOMEBREW CAHNNEL, AND FRONT SANDISK LOADER!!!

Version History
0.1 - First private and public release.

Design Document
I have included a design document in the .zip just for fun. It has everything that I would like to be included in the final release.

About the source
The source code to this game is available on request. Request it by e-mailing me: [email protected]

This is done to stop clones of my game from spawning all over the internet.

Also of note; the source code is powered by libwiisprite.

Special Thanks
Thanks to Aaron (Azza123) who gave me the idea for Wiibreaker.

Thanks to the people running the homebrew browser, thus allowing more people to easily run my software.

Thanks to Chaosteil for developing the libwiisprite library.

Thanks to Team Twiizers for originally hacking the Wii.

Thank you to everyone who has downloaded my other application and now Wiibreaker as well. It's an amazing feeling to have; Knowing that people enjoy using your software.

Final Thoughts
Please share questions comments and ideas with me at: [email protected]

Download and Give Feedback Via Comments