PDA

View Full Version : DCEmu prize Giveway - Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the PSP

Darksaviour69
September 22nd, 2008, 10:48
http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/400-4/Logo.JPG

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed was released in the UK on Friday (18/09/08) and is available for the PS3, Xbox 360, Wii, NDS, PSP, PS2, and PC (what no Dreamcast version?)

To celebrate this new instalment in the Star Wars universe, we will be giving away not 1, not 2, but 3 copies of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed for the PSP (courtesy of LucasArts), to 3 lucky DCEmu members.

http://www.dcemu.dreamhosters.com/pics/d/412-3/LSWTFU_PSP_Packshot_UK_V6.jpg

To enter this contest all you have to do is to post a reply to this news post and answer this question:

Which of the 7 Star Wars films is your favourite?

You may only post your answer once, and duplicate entries will be disqualified from the contest. This contest is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

This contest will close on the Friday the 26th of September 2008.

For more information on the game click here (www.theforceunleashed.co.uk)

Winners will be chosen randomly from qualified posts and contacted via PM on the DCEmu forums and E-mail. If a winner does not respond within a week a new winner will be picked at random from the other entrants. No purchase necessary. One online entry per person (one e-mail address per person/address). You must be 16 years of age or older to enter. Entry constitutes agreement by winners to be publicized and permission to use each winner's name for the purposes of promotion of the Contest without further compensation. Contest void where prohibited. Odds of winning dependent on number of entrants.

LucasArts and the LucasArts logo are trademarks of Lucasfilm Ltd. © 2008 Lucasfilm Entertainment Company Ltd. or Lucasfilm Ltd. & TM as indicated. All rights reserved. ‘2’, ‘PLAYSTATION’, ‘PlayStation’ and PSP are trademarks or registered trademarks of Sony Computer Entertainment. Microsoft, Xbox, Xbox 360, Xbox LIVE, and the Xbox

logos are trademarks of the Microsoft group of companies. NINTENDO DS, Wii AND THE Wii LOGO ARE TRADEMARKS OF NINTENDO. All other trademarks and trade names are the properties of their respective owners. All rights reserved.

May the Force be with you!!!!!

Update: If you want to post a reply to this post but do not qualify for the contest e.g. live outsite the UK and Ireland, please post "I'm not entering the contest" thanks

mcdougall57
September 22nd, 2008, 10:57
My favorite? Definitely new hope ;)

Sin-07
September 22nd, 2008, 11:18
Agree. New Hope is the best Movie.

bumfacekilla
September 22nd, 2008, 12:14
Ditto. New Hope is my fave, it's the most complete and well rounded movie.

MasterMunt
September 22nd, 2008, 12:36
I would give you my favourite film.... IF I had seen Star Wars.

I Have never seen a single one!

Sorry Guys!

optic.ghost
September 22nd, 2008, 13:21
Well I'd have to agree with the other that A New Hope really is my fav. I mean that's a space opera at it's best. On a random note it's kinda funny that there's a bit of an convergence of opinion here lol.

BoBKiD
September 22nd, 2008, 14:53
My favorite SW movie is "A New Hope".
It's old, it's classic, it's 100% Star Wars! ;)

Saracchini
September 22nd, 2008, 15:09
Well, my favorite one is the "A New Hope too". Even the new ones are good as that one !

Torgod13
September 22nd, 2008, 15:13
First of all there are only 3 Star Wars movies!!!! What ever George tried to pass of as new movies, we will just leave as a thrashing nightmare and not a movie. And Empire wins hands down!!! Best cliff hanger in a movie EVER!!! A total Greek tragedy. The rebels got their asses handed to them! Luke is Vader's son! Han gets frozen and shipped off with Fett:) Dark and satisfying.

Eric
September 22nd, 2008, 16:03
Im gonna say that my fav was Episode 3. Why not it has to be everyones fav but maybe not. Heres my reason why that movie is awesome and everyone probably already knows. Where young Anakin goes from Jedi to the Darkside and turns into the villian Darth Vader.

Alot of people had said Hayden Christensen acting was horrible in it. I thought he did a pretty decent job though it was kind of like watching a video on a old Playstation video game where they would talk and the one person would come to a complete stop and the other person would come a couple seconds later in cause of the CD Loading.

Why i compare it to that is that when he comes to a complete stop its almost like they have to think of something right away to say cause the rest of them are real good actors and have to fill in the little lengthy space when he stops.

Other then that if you dont pay attention to it he played it farelly well with turning to the Darkside his attitude going from good to bad was pretty brilliant to me. Though of course that episode was a little like watching a chick flick.

But for most men watching a Star Wars movie shouldnt make a man cry this might actually do that and could be reasons why it got bad reviews by some people (note) i could be wrong lol.

Anyways why not though it had to be that way you expect Darth to be all happy about his wife dieing thats the whole reason why he turned to the Darkside anyways.

Natalie Portman is a great actress played the role well as she always does in every movie she makes and when she gets all up in tears at the end of the movie when Anakin turns to Darth she played excellent there.

Now Ewan McGregor its so hard to believe when he did Episode one that of course he was going to be in Star Wars cause of roles like Transpotting where he played a crack head addicted punk.

But that transition to me was really amazing he did Obi-Wan Kenobi so well i dont even know if anybody else could even take that role and when he aged by Episode 3 the role was still done perfect cause they needed somebody to play him as he was getting older and he was able to fit that catergory.

Samuel L. Jackson on the other hand wasnt my most fav actor cause of course in these movies he didnt have many parts in it but if there was any scene in that movie he did outstanding. Its where Anakin turned to the Darkside killed Mace Windu played by Samuel Jackson and then of course after that no Samuel Jackson where Samuel Jackson shows of true anger and emotion in his character where through out the movie he never showed any emotion or anger he was pretty boring.

Then after killing off Mace Windu Anakin goes to kill off the Younglings which was to me crazy that they would put that in a Star Wars movie but comes to me as a surprise to which now makes it a scene where people are like wow that was nuts i cant believe he did that also it was another way to show how far you can go when you turn to the darkside so it was interesting but yes sick.

Anyways i know i just gave off a review and it could be pretty shotty and of course i added alot of spoilers in there sorry if you havent seen it yet but man i couldnt believe that movie it was my upmost fav of all Star Wars movie.

Anyways thats why i liked the movie sometimes to me. Givin off spoilers makes people want to see the movie cause they want to see those scenes and for those who watch Star Wars and are a fan would have already known what was going to happen anyways if your not a fan of Star Wars this movie will defenitly get you into it.

LazerTag
September 22nd, 2008, 16:23
Episode IV A New Hope

I was 7 when I saw it opening day May 25th 1977 and it literally changed my life as a kid.

mungrin
September 22nd, 2008, 16:49
my fav is The Empire Strikes Back

Mr. Shizzy
September 22nd, 2008, 16:56
The Empire Strikes Back - For The Win !!

Segata Sanshiro
September 22nd, 2008, 17:27
Empire Strikes Back!! is the best SW movie.
Directed by Irvin Kershner, its the darkest, deepest and most intelligent movie in the series... at least for me ;)

titch.ryan
September 22nd, 2008, 17:31
my fav is definetly empire strikes back.

dejkirkby
September 22nd, 2008, 17:59
You are all wrong so far, it is Return of the Jedi that is clearly the best.

darkdhanil
September 22nd, 2008, 18:17
My favorite is Return of the Jedi

pimpmaul69
September 22nd, 2008, 18:32
i am a huge star wars freak and love them all, but if i have to choose, i guess empire strikes back is my fave

saucealexman
September 22nd, 2008, 18:38
Definitely the one where they're all like. PEUOOOGHHJJGHHHHHH and then they get out their electric swords and start hitting robots with them.

So definitely number 5, as I feel it's got the nicest amount of VADER

bubba421
September 22nd, 2008, 18:43
a new hope...it's the one that started it all

wraggster
September 22nd, 2008, 18:50
bloody hell your asking a star wars maniac a question like that

erm

well 2 and 3 just dont match up to the rest but if im gonna be pulled to one film it has to be episode 4 a new hope :)

ShiftyBoy
September 22nd, 2008, 19:02
Star Wars- New Hope is my fav!

Zaitmi
September 22nd, 2008, 19:25
I'll go with episode 3. I thought the ending was funny, when Darth Vader yelled in agony at the end, lol.

Havard
September 22nd, 2008, 19:25
I think I have to with with the original Star Wars (still can't cope with the rebranding as 'New Hope'). Saw it in 1977 and it was brilliant!

splodger15
September 22nd, 2008, 19:28
The Phatom menace best film I loved the pod race scene

uberjack
September 22nd, 2008, 20:20
I never understood the appeal of Star Wars. New Hope was good, but not any better than any other movie of a similar genre. At any rate, it didn't deserve 2 sequels and three prequels.

... and I'm sure that pretty much disqualified me right there, hehe

NOCHUCK
September 22nd, 2008, 20:51
"A New Hope" although any of the original three were good A New Hope set the standard. "Empire Strikes Back" Kicked ass too. I'm Kinda Bias against the new ones since I thought the first 2 of em sucked and never saw the third.

kcajblue
September 22nd, 2008, 21:01
i actually havent watched a lot of the starwars movies.
so im gonna say attack of the clones.

oh yeah, i forgot that i cant be entered anyway cause i live in the us.
just incase people were wondering.

Broadus
September 22nd, 2008, 21:08
Man, I wish I lived in the UK! The PSP version is awesome.

ziegrim
September 22nd, 2008, 21:10
I always enjoyed episode 6. The movie had the best of everything from the first three movies: A Deathstar, Boba Fett, the Excalibur(Vader's Super Star Destroyer), Boba Fett, Ewoks, Boba Fett, and managed to find a great way to wrap up the loose ends (...minus the incest).

pimp12
September 22nd, 2008, 21:34
Ok THIS GAME SUCKS MONKEY ASS. The game is WAY too easy to beat and the levels are too short, once you have beaten the game twice and unlocked everything there is to it, its no fun. They also removed Kit Fisto, YODA, Ki-Adi Mundi from the game, and its not an online game either, 4-player ad-hoc. And it sucks how EVERY hero has 1 LIGHTSABER, (Yeah, even Darth Maul), they removed some people from the dark side aswell (BOBA&JANGO FETT). This game is not worth the buy. It would be a pretty fun game if it had online-play. Its not worth the buy. Just download it or something. If anyone wants my 667 MB CSO then PM me, I already have it on gigasize.

Nikolaos
September 22nd, 2008, 21:40
A New Hope, its in my top 10 of favorite movies and im not even a star wars maniac.

JamesBondOO7
September 22nd, 2008, 22:31
My favorite is Empire Strikes Back. I think the best battles and fights happened in Empire Strikes Back. Also I like twists in movies so when Darth Vader revealed himself as Luke's father was such a twist when I first saw the movie and then when Han Solo was put into carbonite it was a twist because I thought that was gonna be the end of him until I saw him come back. Plus Luke's transformation more into a badass than a wimp he kinda was in A New Hope although you see him change through the movie.

P.S. I live in the U.S and not U.K or Ireland so I know I can't win the contest but I like to share my thoughts anyway.

Sketchy
September 22nd, 2008, 22:50
My favorite is Empire Strikes Back. I think the best battles and fights happened in Empire Strikes Back. Also I like twists in movies so when Darth Vader revealed himself as Luke's father was such a twist when I first saw the movie and then when Han Solo was put into carbonite it was a twist because I thought that was gonna be the end of him until I saw him come back. Plus Luke's transformation more into a badass than a wimp he kinda was in A New Hope although you see him change through the movie.

P.S. I live in the U.S and not U.K or Ireland so I know I can't win the contest but I like to share my thoughts anyway.

Yey, agree 100% Empire Strikes Back is THE Star Wars film ever!! For ppl who haven't seen any Star Wars film, I always recommend this one, it's just awesome.

Oh and JamesBond I agree also, A new hope Luke was a bit wimpy huh??

Peace

Triv1um
September 22nd, 2008, 23:37
Empire Strikes Back is the bollocks.

MK2k
September 23rd, 2008, 10:43
For me it's EP VI. "I'm your father" :D

DA_SHREDDER
September 23rd, 2008, 12:08
I love all the episodes, but my favorite was the clone wars. I think maybe its because its the first movie that had the new classes of robots, and thats when the republic were good guys. I loved the storm troopers as good guys, they were so freakin wicked. Yoda also kicked so much @ss in it, thats when I finally realized he was a true Warrior. Battlefront on the ps2 also had an impact. So ya, thats my choice.

cam*ron
September 23rd, 2008, 17:27
Empire Strikes Back by far.

maxipower90
September 23rd, 2008, 21:40
The Original Trilogy were my personal favs with Return of the Jedi in first spot. A new hope was a close second.

Eviltaco64
September 24th, 2008, 00:51
This contest is only open to residents of the UK and Ireland (sorry to all our members outside of that region).

o SNAP.

ninja9393
September 25th, 2008, 13:47
Empire obviously

cornervizion
September 25th, 2008, 16:32
"Revenge Of The Sith" is my all time favourite star wars movie it's dark, violent and shows that the new films were not about Jar Jar Binks being stupid and causing chaos. Also the cast was fantastic especially Ian McDiarmid and Samuel L Jackson. And more importantly explained how Anakin finally became Darth Vader.

mike_jmg
September 25th, 2008, 18:36
I'm not entering the contest

But my favorite is Episode 1

JushinLiger
September 25th, 2008, 19:07
This is a really difficult choice as I'm a fan of all of the movies. I think, overall, my favorite would be A New Hope. This film started the trilogy, that became a saga. The imaginative and captivating story got people hooked for life on the stories, journeys and backgrounds of the characters.
Another factor to this being my favorite Star Wars film is the fact that it has aged well. The script, jokes and special effects can be enjoyed by younger kids today, as much as they were 31 years ago.

Sterist
September 25th, 2008, 21:19
``I am not entering the contest´´

i have seen all 7, many times (oldest versions) to a few times (newest)

i´d have to say that i liked the VHS trio set the best, because the new ones with the state-of-the-art computer generated fights in space have complete disregard for the laws of physics (including explosion sounds / sizes ;))

Darksaviour69
September 26th, 2008, 11:20
I'll be closing the contest in a few hours, last chance to enter...

Darksaviour69
September 26th, 2008, 21:43
Ok thats is

CONTEST IS OVER

We will be contacting the winners over the weekend

Darksaviour69
October 2nd, 2008, 18:02
Please Check your PMs and Emails, Only 1 of the 3 winners have replied!

Karaba13
October 29th, 2008, 23:34
My favorite Star Wars movie is Episode 3.