PDA

View Full Version : Some questions abt DS...

portner
October 1st, 2004, 22:15
Hello there everyone...greetings to all...
I just registered this a/c coz im interested and really looking forward to play the nintendo DS
But first i wanna get some things straight abt it...

It says that the nintendo DS doesnt have a connection port so it cant be linked to GBA or GBA SP...
so does that means nintendo DS can link with another DS but is it a must for these DS to be in a hotspot area?
whats the diff between bluetooth and IEEE 802.11?
does IEEE 802.11 require to be in a hotspot area? coz bluetooth doesnt...
the nintendo DS can be played up to a MAX of 16 players wirelessly...but issit in a hotspot area or anywhere?

Just wanna get some things straight...
sorry coz im not so hi-tech and stuff...here in my country, Brunei...there aint much hotspots area except in few restaurants and stuff...and it aint hi-tech region...not just yet... >.<

Eric
October 1st, 2004, 23:04
i do believe if it has 16 players you play it wireless cause playing it with wires can be tricky and take long

portner
October 2nd, 2004, 22:04
Thanks for that one Eric...
so DS can played online and offline within the range of 30-100 feet rite?
and whats this abt pictochat? issit sort of like MSN where u drop an online/offline msg to ppl or does it require to be hotspot area or not? Hope u guys would reply my tricky questions here as i am so confused abt these stuffs...
other than that im cool...

quzar
October 2nd, 2004, 23:28
Bluetooth is radio wave, limited to about 20 feet. 802.11 is much longer range both can act device to device or device to network.

Eric
October 3rd, 2004, 01:09
i think pictochat is something like MSN from the name it seems like a Picture would be involved but i also believe Picto will involved with games so you chat online

dbzcrazy991
October 3rd, 2004, 23:12
does the DS play gameboy advance games?

portner
October 3rd, 2004, 23:23
thanks quzar for answering my question...

yeh dbzcrazy991...
it was said that DS has 2 slots...one for the DS cartridge which is way smaller...more like a cell phone memory card size they said...
and another slot for GB games...meaning all GB games...
cool huh?
only thing like i said abt it was that no connection cable port...so cant link it to GBA or SP...only DS to DS...but like quzar said...wireless LAN...soooooo COOL!!! ;D

It would be so cool if pictochat could send online and offline msg while in a hotspot area....
or just sending a msg via the 802.11 (non-internet)...
ive seen pics on ppl typing msgs using the stylus on the bottom screen...it has the keyboard buttons and u just tap the words and u could use the stylus to draw and scribble stuffs...

josephiles
October 4th, 2004, 02:37
i wanna see what they do with the Mic they built in to the DS, Picto Voice??? Cool idea...

portner
October 4th, 2004, 23:33
yeh thats cool...
whats them saying abt october 7th got some big news or something like that abt the NDS?
some tricky last minute changes again perhaps?

Maximo2703
October 13th, 2004, 18:19
Portner you say all GB games......now i heard awhile back that the DS would only play DS and GBA games NOT GB/GBC games.....is that true???....or is it going to be able to play alll 4 DS/GBA/GBC/GB....im thinking about bypassing gettin an GBA SP and just buy a DS since it can play both DS and GBA but i have a crapload of GB(C) games and i wanna know if i can still play them on DS....also does anyone have the complete list for US DS titles because nintendo's site doesn't mention all of them compared to what EBgames mentions

krowstrife
October 13th, 2004, 20:53
it only play ds and gba sorry

josephiles
October 15th, 2004, 05:01
i suppose its like the GBA, it can play GBA games and GB games. cool.

any one else want a DS?

Eric
October 15th, 2004, 08:03
I think it will be possible to play GB and GBC games but in the GBA slot but if its not i can see the reason its really old and Nintendo might be thinking it will soon be hard to find games for those 2 systems so GBA and DS but who knows we will wait and see

portner
October 15th, 2004, 09:09
okay this is the serious ting...
DS can play GBA and DS games only...
when the GBA games are played in the DS...it cannot be linked with other DS games although its wireless...
in short...GBA can only be linked with GBA games...
DS can be linked ONLY with DS games...

GBA games can play ALL GB library...
but the DS cannot...its restricted to GBA and DS...

so...to Mamimo2073...im sorry ur GBC games cannot be played in the DS...

DOS
November 20th, 2004, 12:35
DS can't play game boy origional/colour games, because they need a z80 chip to run. The GBA had this built in, but GBA games use an ARM processor.
The DS has an ARM7 and ARM9 processor, but no z80.
DOS

p.s. Sorry to bring up an old post ;)

Uzeless
November 20th, 2004, 15:24
The GBA effectively has a 'GameBoy' inside it separate to the GameBoy Advance electronics. It was probably too much to fit 'three' machines inside the DS. Anyway, I'm sure a blank cartridge system for the DS will follow soon so the GameBoy original can be 'emulated' (and hopefully the SNES too fingers crossed!!).

forgetmenot
November 26th, 2004, 11:37
the biggest thing that anoys me about the ds is that you have to be for 30-100 feet to play with others >:(
I was told it was oline so i could play with others were ever i am like at home.And thats a real disapointment. And after i saw that pictochat thing it made me want online even more.ARRRGG IT SOOOOO ANOYING

forgetmenot
November 29th, 2004, 11:22
How exactly does the online on the ds work? will i be able to play olnline at my house when an online game comes out?