PDA

View Full Version : Just a thought...

urmom9388
December 20th, 2005, 15:46
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else saw some of the amazing games that the gp2x has got. I was wondering if it would be possible to port some of their games to the psp. Think of all the great games we would have. I mean look at Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. It looks amazing. Why doesn't someone take up the project. I would if I had the programming knowledge but I have very little and not more than needed to make a hello world program.

Jman0708
December 20th, 2005, 20:36
yeh man i saw dat open transport it looks amazingly good

Samstag
December 21st, 2005, 10:53
Hey guys I was wondering if anyone else saw some of the amazing games that the gp2x has got. I was wondering if it would be possible to port some of their games to the psp. Think of all the great games we would have. I mean look at Open Transport Tycoon Deluxe. It looks amazing. Why doesn't someone take up the project. I would if I had the programming knowledge but I have very little and not more than needed to make a hello world program.

It's open source and the three libraries it requires are all available for PSP development. So I'd say this would be a relatively easy port. The hard part will be adjusting the interface to work on the PSP display in a useable way.

urmom9388
December 21st, 2005, 22:04
does this mean that you know how to do it?

Samstag
December 21st, 2005, 23:23
I don't have any SDL experience but I do have plenty of porting experience. I think I could probably do it in time.

Will I do it? Not anytime soon I think. I'll put it on my list of projects to consider later, but right now I'm working on finishing up my Vectrex emulator port and a few other projects.