PDA

View Full Version : Mega Man 9 DLC: You got extra modes!

wraggster
September 22nd, 2008, 22:52
Despite its rigorous, retro stylings and old-fashioned platforming, not everything in Mega Man 9 is rooted in the past -- in fact, not every thing is in Mega Man 9. Nintendo Wii Fanboy peered into the downloadable game's online instruction manual (they're really terrible at it, you see) and discovered what appears to be a list of all the game's planned downloadable content, including dates and prices.

There are five pieces in total, with the first two modes, namely "Proto Man Mode" and "Endless Attack," scheduled to arrive on October 6th or 200 Wii Points and 300 Wii Points, respectively. The plans also reveal "Hero Mode," "Special Stage" and "Superhero Mode" due on October 20th.

http://www.joystiq.com/2008/09/22/mega-man-9-dlc-you-got-extra-modes/

kevenz
September 23rd, 2008, 02:24
paying 200 points for each mode kinda sucks....

200 points for all of them would be ok I guess.

agenericperson
September 23rd, 2008, 03:10
You get to pay for new difficulties. What kind of crap is that? Paying to increase the difficulty? This better not be a new trend or I'll quit gaming altogether.

Jay6
September 23rd, 2008, 10:31
I'd pay the full price for this game. Totally. I just love this game. Still haven't beaten Wily though. He's freaking hard! @_@ And not only that, half of these challenges seem very difficult. "Mr. Perfect" looks impossible.

trugamer
September 23rd, 2008, 22:40
You get to pay for new difficulties. What kind of crap is that? Paying to increase the difficulty? This better not be a new trend or I'll quit gaming altogether.

I'd imagine they're just testing the water, but you're right you don't seem to be getting your money's worth.