PDA

View Full Version : Commander Keen?

enektyk
December 20th, 2005, 18:22
Hi all, please keep in mind I have NO idea of what is possible on the DC, so if what I'm asking is foolish, let me know.

Anyway, I just wanted to know if there is anyway of having old PC games played on the DC. Basiclly I was thinking how cool it would be to be able to play some old Apogee games on the DC like Commander Keen/Duke Nukem 1/Monster Bash etc...

Has this been done? Does it even have a remote possibilty of being accomplished?

Let me know what my ideas are worth...

Kris

Darksaviour69
December 20th, 2005, 18:50
http://gpf.dcemu.co.uk/dcdoxbox.shtml

its not full speed, but its playable if u tinker with the settings

enektyk
December 20th, 2005, 18:54
Awesome! This seems to be my best hope, so I'll see what I can do with it. Thanks muchly.

DARKGATE
December 20th, 2005, 19:01
commander keen work only the version wich you find in emu of GPF, i have tried, the others keen 2 & 3-4-5-6 but don't start on dosboxDC. =(
In this days i put a more complete list of games wich work with DOSBOXDC and are playable =) .
Patience and after can you play at a bit of old games =D, is a great emu, i hope of see a new version with more speed and more compatibility, i see wich ALL THE GAMES MADE BY APOGEE don't work (CRISTAL CAVE SAGA, BIO MENACE SAGA, SECRET AGENT SAGA, COMMANDER KEEN SAGA, DANGEROUS DAVE SAGA)
=| i don't understad many games more great start well, but those no.
Wait my list. ;).

Darksaviour69
December 20th, 2005, 19:04
yeah duke does not work but DANGEROUS DAVE has been ported along time ago

Eric
December 22nd, 2005, 13:32
Duke Nukem does work depending on how you setup the config file cause i had it working until the config was tweaked.

Darksaviour69
December 22nd, 2005, 13:39
u got it working with the default config file settings, because it did not work for me